Who is Charles Sunutko...more

by Farkel 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

Since there is renewed interest in the 1975 fiasco and one of it's main promoters, I discovered something interesting.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/103129/1/Who-is-Charles-Sunutko

In the above thread Blondie posted an except from an Awake! magazine article on old Chuck S. In it, he stated he was born one year after his parents married in 1935, viz. 1936. The Awake! footnote in that same article mentioned that he died in 1996 at age 92!

Now I am quite aware that the Watchtower Propaganda Corporation is HORRIBLE at math (see 1874, 1878, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1919, 1925, 1939, 1975 for examples), but a quick check tells me that if Chuck was born in 1936 and died in 1996 he was only 60 when he died, not 92.

Since the Awake! article itself gives the year of his birth, the year of his death and his age at death, why did they say he was 92 when he died?

Did I miss something, or is the spirit of Jehovah not directing the GB in 4th grade math?

Farkel

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

I met him in 1998 and he was still alive, living in Southern California.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    The Awake! footnote in that same article mentioned that he died in 1996 at age 92!
    I met him in 1998 and he was still alive, living in Southern California.

^ that's some funny stuff right there.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It was his uncle John who died in 1996 aged 92.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yep, he is still alive, someone mentioned about him trying to earn extra money thru his musical talents on the internet. I think Ynot mentioned about that. It might be from another poster, I cannot be sure for now.

• snowbird
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Last I heard, Brother Sunutko is still alive and living in Desert Hot Springs, CA. He is Charles Sunutko Jr. Both his uncle John (the person who got his family to convert) and his father, Charles (Sr.) (the one mentioned in the obit) have passed.

Interesting - as I was working on an article about this brother for release on InsidetheWatchtower.com later this month.

JV

• jamiebowers
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thnx for the added info Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Last I heard, Brother Sunutko is still alive and living in Desert Hot Springs, CA. He is Charles Sunutko Jr. Both his uncle John (the person who got his family to convert) and his father, Charles (Sr.) (the one mentioned in the obit) have passed.

I went to the doctor the other day. He said, "you have cancer and dementia."

I replied, "Thank God! I thought you were going to tell me I had cancer!"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit