JWs and Neutrality

by Vidqun 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I have read about the Australian issue in the society´s literature. however, I cannot remember where, probably a yearbook...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks Blondie for your input. As you might have noticed, it is something close to my heart because of being directly involved with the neutrality issue in the past.

Criticalwitness, I agree. I have read somewhere that Jehovah allowed Rutherford and associates to be imprisoned because of the war bonds saga and because they did not encourage strict neutrality during the war. As you say, next time round things might be different. I do believe, what goes around comes around. The wheel is indeed turning.

Disillusioned, interesting theory, encouraging neutrality to keep the R&F focused on cult activities.

Carla, I agree. Few people understand the real meaning of the word, especially JWs. I know for a fact the Swiss nation, which is referred to as being neutral, is everything but neutral. Each of their citizens is armed and undergoes compulsory military training.

QueenWitch, yes being truly neutral does reflect ignorance or stupidity. Nobody can be truly neutral in a multi-cultural society. Even the Witnesses are not shy to don traditional dress, and they are proud of their heritage, no doubt.

Apostatethunder, good point. Being neutral in the midst of injustice (e.g. what's happening in Syria) is equivalent to condoning it. That puts "neutrality" in a new light for me.

InquiryMan, that rings a bell. I think it was the yearbook dealing with JWs in Australia and the islands.

Conclusion: I think all will agree, nobody can be truly neutral and retain a good conscience, especially where there is injustice. However, if you propagate it as an organization, you should put your money where your mouth is, and not keep double standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit