Caleb's mother usurping husband's headship by correcting son without him

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    I have a feeling that the disposal of Sparlock was an emergency situation which had to be dealt with IMMEDIATELY before demons exited the toy's plastic body and wreaked havoc amongst other inanimate household objects, e.g. blender, vacuum, ottoman. You could only imagine the destruction.

Breakfast of Champions is right, Blondie. In fact, in the film, poor little Caleb does imagine the destruction. It's pretty wholesale. The house virtually implodes, all because of him.

If I had never researched on the internet or had many misgivings of my own, and if I'd never been exposed to evil Elderettes and bullying, crassly stupid elders, that little film on its own would have stopped me ever having anything to do with the JW lunacy.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

err... well, she IS wearing the pants in the family...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I always understood it that if the husband was absent - in this case he was, presumably still out at work - then the wife is acting head of the household and her word is law. She made an executive decision regarding the toy and did not usurp her husband's headship.

Now, if I can just track down a WTS comment to that effect ... I remember something from perhaps the '70s or '80s ... can't nail it atm ...

• blondie
    blondie

*** w09 7/15 p. 9 par. 10 Christian Families—Follow Jesus’ Example! ***A Christian wife does well to imitate Jesus by supporting her husband’s headship. (Read 1 Peter 2:21; 3:1, 2.) Consider a situation in which she has an opportunity to do this. Her son is seeking permission to engage in an activity for which parental permission is needed. Because the matter has not previously been discussed by the parents, it would be appropriate for the mother to inquire, “Did you ask your father?” If the son has not, she should discuss the matter with her husband before anything is decided. Moreover, a Christian wife would certainly want to avoid contradicting her husband or challenging his opinion in front of their children. If she disagrees with her husband about something, she would talk with him in private.—Eph. 6:4.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Just goes to show you that they don't even follow their own bullshit rules.

But oops, we weren't suppoed to notice that.

Nice one blondie, thanks!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

OK, 2009 is pretty recent. Maybe I was in a more enlightened JW environment as far as this specific issue is concerned. But following through on a more rigid application of the '09 quote, would that mean a good JW wife cannot make any decision regarding her children without the express consent or direction of her husband? Is that what the article is intending to suggest?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Just got done watching the video. What.....a.....joke!

The WT has done its' share of bringing reproach upon Jah's name in the past and present. However, this kids' video takes it to another whole new level.

First off, I pitty any JW child who has to live under these conditions. I can see why there is major rebelliion on the part of JW youth today.

Second, Calebs' mom reminds me of Popeye, the cartoon character's wife... Olive Oyl. So dull, unhealthy looking and blahzay! She also reminds me of a number of lunatic sisters in my congregation. I can forsee Calebs' mom having marital problems unless she has a major make-over. And that out-fit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit