EXJW`s Helping EXJW`s

by Beans 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If I stop to help someone out, I do not care or ask what religion they may be. If they refuse my help because I am an exJW and they are JW, then I move on. I can only offer and cannot force anyone to accept help.

If they approached me for help with a Judicial committee, I would lend any help I could. But, personally, I doubt any would, unless they were planning on becoming an ex themselves. I did copy the elders manual off the web and have printed it out, as close to real as I can. I have even used it against elders myself, but ended up DAing myself anyways. Any JW that wishes to view it may come in my home and see it. I will not allow them to take it home with them, even though I have it backed up on CD.

I have also printed out much of what other religions have to say about themselves personally, as well.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I think the whole idea about "helping" is giving something to someone in need. Something helpful to the situation at hand. Religious beliefs, skin color, political affiliation, shouldn't ever be a part of the equation.

Is this person in need?
    Can you help them?

If the person were a JW, I think I'd still be inclined to help them. I would hope that my actions would make a difference in their life - perhaps later than sooner? Maybe it's that one act of unconditional kindness that makes them look at apostates differently.
    I think it should be as simple as that.

I think the mistake people make is their expectations. When they help someone and it's not appreciated or reciprocated at a later date, they are disappointed. If we can look at giving as an unconditional action, they we will probably enjoy it much more. I think this is how Mother Theresa was so happy (and successful!) to give her entire life. She gave whatever she could and didn't expect much back!

Andi

• Beans
    Beans

Larc:
    I was being a little sarcastic but I do agree,I remember certain situations when persons were asked for help and it was like they had too!But others did help when my family needed help! Every circumstance is different but being in the TRUTH would not have made any of these situations different,I think it`s called friends!

Beans

• heff
    heff

hmmmm....SisterXXX, eh?

If she earned that name, I'd be MORE thn happy to give her a hand.
    Send Sister "Triple-X" my way!!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Beans
    The ONLY thing I haven't done many times over is offer assistance to help judge someone.
    plmkrzy

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit