Angry/Pouty Father In Law

by TOTH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Toth, Alanon is for you and your wife. Unfortunately addicts seem not to recognize their problem until something bad happens. I wish I had better advice, all I can say is try not to enable the problem.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

My ex-daughter in law just overdosed on prescription drugs at the age of 50. She took pain meds regularly and went to the doc and got a fentanyl patch 100 mcg for back pain. I don't think the docs knew about her other meds, but don't really know.She probably had a drink also. More people are dying from prescription drugs than illigal drugs. Dilaudid is a very strong drug and you say he buys pain meds off the street? This man has a big problem. Thank goodness you changed the locks. No one, parent of not, has the right to barg into your house. I think your wife did the right thing in not having a confrontation with her father but one may come in the future as your fil does not seem to care what he does. My husband also took pain pills for back pain. The doc would not give him anything but percocet every 6 hours because he drank so much rum. He died from organ failure after his liver failed. He was 62 and refused to quit drinking. It's a bad way to go.

• TOTH
    TOTH

JeffT...I shall consider that...

panhandlegirl... Such a sad thing when things like drugs rob us of life and those we love. Sorry about your ex daughter in law...

My fil buying drugs off the street can only end badly. A couple of years back he bought a MIRACLE pill that totally killed his head and neck pains. He came over here full of energy to give one to my wife. He said he got it off the street and paid like $100 for a few pills. He bought several to try and planned to buy a lot now that he saw how well and fast it worked. He asked me to try to find the name of the pill by the codes scored into it. I called two pharmacies who had NO code to match it. They recommended I take it to them to check out. I finally did a non prescription search for it and got a big hit. An image and name. EXACT match down to the shape and code.

I told my fil that I had a bottle of them on my night stand and he asked if I would GIVE the bottle to him. I said, SURE! No PROBLEM! I went to my room and took one of the pills out of the bottle and then put the bottle in my pocket. I showed him the pill and he was ecstatic!! He was beside himself. Then I showed him the bottle. Arthritis Strength TYLENOL!! OMFG!!! I felt like laughing but he had spent so much money on them. He got totally ripped off. And then his face fell and he got all surly and his pain came back immediately. Classic Placebo effect....It is just so damned sad....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit