Did You Watch The Waltons?

by snowbird 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• talesin
    talesin

LOL Charley!

Hubert ..

Lots of good morals for today's parents, too! Now that we know we are destroying Mother earth, I'm quite ashamed of my baby-boomer generation and their pursuit of shiny objects.

tal

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yes...loved the Waltons....and Little house on the prairie....wonder if I would now...

I think my tastes may have changed since I was a child...but you never know...I might just lap it up again...

• Quandry
    Quandry

Which leads me to Greene Acres

The fact that the husband literally snatched the wife

from a life of luxury and forced her to live in squallor

ought to be grounds for divorce

Ha ha ha! Very true. I hated Greene Acres. I haaaated Mr. Haney and the way he talked.

• charlie brown jr.
  • talesin
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I Married Joan

One of my favorites, too. Jim Backus.

• titch
    titch

It was, and continues to be, a real "first-class" show. And, to think that CBS was actually considering CANCELLING the show, before its first season was even finished. I can remember at the time that there was a "grass-roots" campaign of letter-writing to the officials of CBS, asking them, What were they ***thinking***, cancelling such a great show? But, CBS re-considered, and the show continued on for many seasons after that.

Titch

• Glander
    Glander

Have not seen Richard Thomas in ages but I think he is doing the voice over for Mercedes commercials.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yep.

From Wikipedia: Thomas provided the voiceover in Mercedes-Benz, BB&T and Aleve commercials.

• not bitter
    not bitter

Loved it, along with Little House on the Prairie I've introduced both to my 5 year old daughter and she loves them, especially Little House.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit