What to do with our money (estate) when we die?

by life is to short 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will now remove the CFL "light bulb" and place a full-spectrum LED in its place.

And now I see the solution. You donate nothing. If you have children, leave them what you feel like giving them, and preferably before you die (if you know you are about to die, that is a good time to leave it to the children). Nothing should be left for the Washtowel or anyone therein to steal. Add a clause that, if the Washtowel takes it, the heirs have grounds to sue the Washtowel for blatant and open theft of their property. It belonged to the children. Even leaving a small amount to the Washtowel is not a good idea.

If you do not have heirs, it's better to leave your property to the State or some regular charity (one not affiliated with any religion) than to leave it to the Washtowel. Again, using it to pay for your funeral, or to pay down whatever bills you run up while sick and dying, will help deprive the washtowel of any cut. If you are being assisted by a regular charity, leaving your assets to that charity will help repay them for assisting you. You might even have an arrangement for some charity to assist you, and you leave your assets to that charity. Just be sure your charity is not infiltrated with religion that could waste substantial amounts of funds spreading rubbish.

Even if this is not possible (in the case of sudden death), you are better off destroying your wealth or leaving it for the community to take than leaving it to the washtowel. Life insurance policies with the washtowel as the benefactor need to be stopped--cancel the policy at the insurer. If you die alone, and suddenly, it is better to leave the wealth with the community than with the washtowel. They need to be cut out of any arrangements no matter what. And, especially where heirs are involved--they come first, not the washtowel. If the washtowel isn't content with getting a modest share, they need to be explicitly cut out even if you give away your wealth to your children while you are still alive.

Taxes? I think it's better to pay gift tax than give it all to the washtowel.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    such as that some or all go to Jehovah's organization

subtle

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

News flash!

Much of WT literature is condescending, and at the devivals the speakers talk to adults as if they were children.

Also, I found that the JWs I studied with were clueless about the financial aspect of their church. They could not answer questions about how much money the congregation took in each week or month, how much money the org took in each year, or even who owned their church building. That condescending tone in the literature seems to be very effective.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I love too that they never say anything like "contact an attorney to help you with your decisions and to make sure your papers are in order".

They don’t want things to be in order, this way they can legally fight for more of your estate after your dead.

So nope, no real help; just more, give us your money and don't trust outsiders, bullshit.

Such arrogant assholes!

• sir82
    sir82

Translation:

1) Give us your money when you die

2) To make sure (1) is carried out, don't name any non-JW as your executor

• Sulla
    Sulla

Talesin, you observed, " Oh, well, it was my choice to turn my back on Jehovah, so why would I deserve the inheritance I was promised years ago?" That's interesting. I keep hearing this sort of thing from the JW family, as if I'm the only one with intentionality; everything they do is simply the result of a choice I made and not a choice itself. Weird.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

This km part made me feel veeeerrry uncomfortable too. There wasn't even a brief comment about making sure the family is catered for first. I know from personal experience that elderly JWs can be tempted to bequeath their entire estate (anything of monetary value anyway) to the WTS rather than their family - even their JW family!

• flipper
    flipper

Oh fuck%ng great ! Another come on by the WT society to mind indoctrinate and influence JW's to donate all or most of their wills, trust funds, inheritances yada, yada to the goddamned WT society ! Jesus, this makes my blood boil ! They are so twisted in influencing thought and minds in JW's that lots of older JW's will look at this and say, " you know I should give Jehovah, er, " the WT society " my inheritance as it will help the kingdom work " - then lots of fading and ex-jW relatives or non-Witness middle aged relatives get left out due to the WT society influencing older ones .

I hope to God , ( and I don't even belive in God ) that my JW mom doesn't get totally swayed by this $hit. Can't the WT society leave well enough alone and stick to their " once a year in the fall " WT article where they clamor with marketing and lobbying JW's to give every penny to them !!! ???

No, they can't and won't. Because they are an evil twisted multi billion $$$ business masquerading as a " Christian religion " - when in truth- they're just Fuck$ing criminals. Sigh. O.K. I'm done. Now I'll exhale. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• talesin
    talesin

Sulla - yes, that was my mother's statement "It was your choice to get baptized, and your choice to leave, blah blah blah". It angers me, because the baptism was just after my 14th birthday, and pretty much no choice at all. The irony is that I left it because I could not live a double life and pretend I believed. The biggest thing my parents beat into me as a child was never lie. What choice did I have, at 17? Their actions, conversely, are a real choice - to punish.

t

• hoser
    hoser

talesin you have a pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit