Mental Illness & Suicide In the Organization

by What Now? 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I just want to ad this:

I know a girl who has chemical sensitivities and asthma, but these only ever seem to bother her at the hall, assemblies, conventions or out in service; last year at the convention she had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital because she had a massive asthma attack, so this got me thinkin’.

Now I know chemical sensitive are real, I have some and in fact we all do to some extent, and my sister has always had bad asthma, so I understand both conditions. I don't know about anyone else, but my sensitive are present all the time, if I come in contact with something that triggers me I can get head to toe hives/welts and/or be sick for days, and when my sister has a major asthma attack she starts to turn white then blue because she can't breath. But not this girl, I've been around her enough to know when her "diseases" flare up and funny thing she NEVER has trouble any other time; hmm?

I would love to pull her aside and go, "Sweetheart, you may have sensitivities and asthma, but what you've been havin' is panic attacks". Then ask her "Considering when and where you have these attacks, why do you think that is?" and leave it at that.

• wasblind
    wasblind

What now? says: " this topic has been discussed before"

1 ) This is a cult that is detrimental to ones mentality

2) No matter how many times stories like this are told

each and every individual story drives home

that this is a destructive cult

3 ) This cult destroys lives

You see, I just repeated three times, three differents ways sayin the same thing about this cult

and each and every way it was told, is just as important as the first

Your story is just as important, because it's your story, and one that needs to be told

your contribution helps more than you know

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Wha Happened,

I might have to send you some history books about Slavery times in the south

the CO oversees the " Slaves" , He has to keep the massa's ( GB ) informed

up in the big house in brooklyn. "bout the performance of the slaves out in field service

They don't shepherd , they crack the whip, massa only concerned 'bout his crop ( literature )

not the individual slave

• finally awake
    finally awake

I suffered from chronic major depression and anxiety long before I ever studied with the dubs. There were times I was even suicidal. I can say with 100% certainty that trying to be a witness makes those problems worse. Before I started studying, I had been in therapy extensively and had taken medication briefly. I had developed ways of coping with my problems that allowed me to enjoy life. I was actually in a pretty good place - then I got pregnant and that threw all my systems into chaos. Once I got involved with the witnesses, all my usual coping strategies were no longer acceptable and I had a whole new set of stresses to learn to manage. I was a mess, and more study and more field service was *not* going to help. I ended up heavily medicated and was practically a zombie until one day I decided it just wasn't the right way for me to cope. So I quit my meds cold turkey (not advisable) and that was the beginning of the end for me. It took another 5 years for me to fully wake up and be honest with Just Ron about my feelings, but here we are - YAY! And I'm not nearly as anxious and depressed as I was a year ago.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Finally awake,

you are exactly right about problems becomin' worse when gettin' involved

wit the witnesses.

I had high blood pressure before I started a study, as I became more involved

it affected my health. The doc had to put me on two different kinds of BP pills

Six months after I left, I'm back down to one presciption a day

• James Brown
    James Brown

I think the religion of the watchtower society screws people up.

I also think life screws people up.

I think a better religion than the watchtower could pick people up.

A religion of positive thinking. Everyone has to work out their own salvation.

The watchtower didnt work for us, so we left. We left to go to the four corners of the world.

No one gets out alive.

If you want to be happy be around happy people and do what they do.

In 60 years on the planet 30 years out of the tower. My observation is atheist and evolutionist are not happy.

I'm not saying whether they are right or wrong but my observation is they are not happy.

The people I have met and known that believe in Jesus have been happy.

The Jehovahs witnesses do not believe in Jesus in the way I mean when I say believe in Jesus.

The Jehovahs witnesses believe in Jesus in the same way everybody here believes in Santa Clause.

For some people to be happy takes work, a regime. It requires feeding the mind mental protein, good thoughts, Positive affirmations.

Others need cigarettes and alcohol, others need marijuana.

The Christians I have known when they face problems they say praise the Lord, sweet Jesus, and they keep on trucking.

The Christians I have known look forward to a better tomorrow. And they pray to Jesus for a better tomorrow, they do not

believe the world is ending any time soon.

The JW's are all doom and gloom and negativety.

I have said it before and I will say it again, the Jehovahs witnesses are not Christian.

They are a counterfit Christian organization. They are a cult.

I have taken anti-depressants in the past, they helped me cope.

I took them when I was thinking like an atheist. When I thought like a Christian I didnt need them.

At the moment, for the past 4 months of moments I stopped taking my anti-depressants and I have been

reading my bible.

Because in the past I know that has worked for me, and I feel anti-depressants can have long term side effects.

Something in the bible facilitates the making of dopamine.

Christopher Hitchens for example, I dont know either he was right or he was wrong, I can't really say.

He made a lot of compelling arguments, the only way I could over come most of his arguments was with

a dose of faith.

I dont know about his arguments but I do know about his life. He was not happy from where I look.

He was a chain smoking alcoholic homosexual and I'll say it. That killed him before his time.

I know the atheist and evolutionist will tear this appart.

But you asked what do we/I think

You reap what you sow.

As you think, so you become.

If you think there is no better tomorrow, no future, you are not going to be happy.

• zeb
    zeb

If someone could publish the figures from the health dept of whatever country you are in of suicides of witnesses as a ratio nexct any other religion that would be very telling.

Its profound to discuss who we knew, or someones experience. Let me see and the world to for that matter the % of JW who suicide against the % of any other religion.

and witnesses are far from tha happiest people in the world in my observation they are also the most unhealthy for a start.

• jemba
    jemba

Put it this way... after a lifetime in the org and depression as far back as I can remember as a small child, progressing to panic attacks, awful self esteem and anxiety issues, suicidal feelings and serious chronic fatigue... I found out TTATT.

Wow, the amazing weight that lifted off my shoulders, the negativety, pressure and guilt GONE. It has improved my problems 98% getting away from it all and that is no exaggeration.

The org has a lot to answer for!! They took so much from that young impressionable girl and left an emotional wreck.

The GB and the selfish arseholes that love all the power and control in the org will one day face their own armaggedon... its called KARMA.

• jemba
    jemba

I have personally known 6 people in the org that have committed suicide and attended their terribly sad funerals.

All of them were having trouble in the org, facing or just having been disfellowhipped or reproved. Never have I heard the dubs blame the judicial system they have set up, no, blame was always placed on the dead person who should have been doing the 'right thing' in jehs eyes. 'they obviously didnt have jehs holy spirit', 'probably still doing the wrong thing'.

There are many, many suicides I have heard about and then all of those that tried to suicide.

So many poor people just trying to find happiness, they will never get in the org.

Disgusting people to judge others this way even after they have died.

• shamus100
    shamus100

The numbers are staggering. Google search the original thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit