Do You Read The Drudge Report?

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

It's my homepage.

LOVE the site!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My dad used to watch the Drudge Report show until they took it off the air. He would read the website too. I never really paid much attention to it after it went off the television.

• minimus
    minimus

It's got every news outlet you can click on from the Jerusalem Post to the New York Post.....plus Matt Drudge isn't an Obama lover,

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

He was on Fox News right? I don't know of anybody on that channel who is an Obama lover.

I'm pretty good at sniffing out bias when it comes to news so when I hear something exceptionally biased it just makes me roll my eyes, no matter which side of the fence the news outlet sits on.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Republicans have opposed a lion's share of stimulus measures that once they supported, such as a payroll tax break, which they grudgingly embraced earlier this year. Even unemployment insurance, a relatively uncontroversial tool for helping those in an economic downturn, has been consistently held up by Republicans or used as a bargaining chip for more tax cuts. Ten years ago, prominent conservatives were loudly making the case for fiscal stimulus to get the economy going; today, they treat such ideas like they're the plague.

Traditionally, during economic recessions, Republicans have been supportive of loose monetary policy. Not this time. Rather, Republicans have upbraided Ben Bernanke, head of the Federal Reserve, for even considering policies that focus on growing the economy and creating jobs.

And then, there is the fact that since the original stimulus bill passed in February of 2009, Republicans have made practically no effort to draft comprehensive job creation legislation. Instead, they continue to pursue austerity policies, which reams of historical data suggest harms economic recovery and does little to create jobs. In fact, since taking control of the House of Representatives in 2011, Republicans have proposed hardly a single major jobs bill that didn't revolve, in some way, around their one-stop solution for all the nation's economic problems: more tax cuts for the uber wealthy.

If only the Repugs loved the country as much as they love themselves.

Drudge report....ho hum. Daily Show is far more interesting.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

1st, We are getting rid of RINO's that have given the Dems cover. 2nd, Repubs have put forth a number of measures to kickstart the economy. Fact is, Mr. Reid won't let them see the light of day. 3rd, your "reams of data" must have been written by Krugman and the HuffPo bunch. Who is doing better, Germany or Greece? Which is practicing austerity and which is taking Krugman's advice? 4th, you do nothing to address the biggest issues, the anti-energy, anti-business policies of the current administration.

• designs
    designs

'anti-energy' we have more wells and rigs going now, we are at record levels of exporting our gasolines, we have so much natural gas we don't have the storage to hold it all. S&P 500 companies are sitting on record amounts of profits and the housing crash is slowly recovering so that the projection is 2014-15 for a return to constructing 1.5million new homes per year. Where the line gets drawn is polluting the environment and the Far Right wants to dismantle the EPA. No to pollution in our Oceans and Rivers and Aquifers.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Hell no, do you read the Watchtower??

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    the biggest issues, the anti-energy, anti-business policies of the current administration.
    And herein lies the crux. Repeated talking points with zero to back them up.
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No. Political?...and to think all this time I thought it was a website that kept people up to date on the latest boredom techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit