One brother told me in the past not to worry about resolving any conflicts in the congregation, he told me to concentrate on my spirituality.

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Is he an asshole?

• baltar447
    baltar447

He probably realizes the futility of trying to get along with other backstabbing assholes. That and Elders don't want to deal with personal problems, they will let congregations implode before lifting a finger to mediate anything.

• keep
    keep

Ah, another good lesson of "f**k em' and worry about deluding yourself"

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree, people need to be given a chance to resolve their own conflicts

I would only step in if things were goin' overboard

and affecting the congregation as a whole

Trynna resolve every conflict

would drive your ass crazy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Then again,

he may be tellin' you in a nice way that

you are in no position, to try and fix anything

jus sayin'

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Iamallcool, a JW friend told me the same thing...more than once. I took it to mean wait on Jehovah

• finally awake
    finally awake

What he means is that you should shut up and take whatever is dished your way. So yes, he's an ass.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

What he really intended to say was

"Listen, Obey and be Blessed"

LOL!

A**hole!

• Diest
    Diest

The real question is what is JW spirituality? For most it is sitting in a suit in a car more often, answering questions that were written at a 6th grade level, and sitting more errect in your seat.

The term spirituality in regards to JW is such a farse that you should think about what that means before you even get to the rest.

• Scully
    Scully

He wants you to put personal conflicts aside and focus more on Meeting Attendance™ and Field Service™. He's trying to distract you.

Think about it this way: What if you were someone he met while going Door-to-Door™, and you were telling him about being dissatisfied with your church because of personal conflicts within the congregation. Would he be singing the same tune? No, he'd be telling you that the conflicts within your church are evidence that the people there are not really Jesus' true disciples, and he would encourage you to leave your church and Study™ the bible with him.

So, yes, he's an asshole, and he's a hypocrite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit