What do you think would happen if a SISTER shaved her head?

by keep 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

When I was much much younger I cut my very long beautiful hair very short and dyed it red. (anything to piss off an exboyfriend, am I right Ladies?!)

One elder commented that it was obvious I was going to have trouble with headship if I ever got married and several sisters thought I looked "Butch". Little did they know that in the future yes I would have trouble with headship, just ask Para and as to the other....what they don't know won't hurt them (EVIL GRIN).

Bobbi

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Maybe I should donate my hair...

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If a pretty sister shaved her head off, I might ask her out.

• blondie
    blondie

WT elders and the WTS are so into straining out the gnat but gulping down the camel. I wonder why they don't require bald men to wear wigs....I knew a sister that was told to wear a wig. Then there was the sister who wore wigs and was told that she was too concerned about her looks or the COBOE that gave a "local needs" talk about the vanity of women dyeing their hair. Then the new CO showed up and it was obvious both he and his wife helped their hair color along.............both had dyed their hair coal black (not a naturally occuring shade) and she had red daggers on the end of her fingers and 4 inch heels.

But a pedo in the congregation, cover that up, especially when 4 elders on the body are in business with him. Instead chastise some woman fighting cancer for letting her hair fall out and not hiding her hideous head...There was even a time that shorter hair on women was questioned.

*** w51 2/15 p. 127 Questions From Readers ***

What is the understanding today of the command to women not to cut their hair?—F. A., Tennessee.

Respecting the cutting of women’s hair, referred to in 1 Corinthians chapter 11, this does not refer to cutting it to shorten it for convenience’ sake but still leaving a feminine touch to it, but cutting it short like a man’s so as to resemble a man and thereby remove this natural God-given sign of woman’s subjection to man and of the church’s subjection to Christ her head.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

It would just show that her “head” was ashamed of her speaking. Interestingly Paul mentions also that Jesus is the head of the head, and God is the head of Jesus, and they both didn’t seem to have any problems in hearing women speaking. In ancient Israel God used women as prophetises and judges and Jesus always treated women as equals, even non-Israelite ones. If a husband feels threatened by his wife speaking, it may be a sign that they are not a good match for each other.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Wow, I slightly remember that old article. Who the hell is to decide what a "feminine touch" is or isn't? And what if a woman cut her hair, knew it looked "masculine" to many, but didn't do it *because* it was masculine, just didn't care? They didn't directly address that. Or what if a woman cuts it short because she likes it short even if it is feminine but not for practicality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit