Help please....A Bible question.

by hubert 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hubert
    hubert

Is there a Bible verse that says "Jehovah hates" a hypocryte?

I really need to know this. It's very important to me.

Thanks.

Hubert

• sir82
    sir82

I don't think there is a verse with that exact quote, but most of Matthew chapter 23 is Jesus' vitriolic rant against hypocritical pharisees. That might help your cause.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Not an exact quote, but maybe the same in principle.

(Proverbs 6:16-19) 16 There are six things that Jehovah does hate; yes, seven are things detestable to his soul: 17 lofty eyes, a false tongue, and hands that are shedding innocent blood, 18 a heart fabricating hurtful schemes, feet that are in a hurry to run to badness, 19 a false witness that launches forth lies, and anyone sending forth contentions among brothers.

Just a thought.

Doc

• tec
    tec

I don't think you will find a verse such as that. Christ was outspoken against hyprocrites in pharisees, etc. That does not mean he (or God) hated them, or that He did not want them to turn and repent; change their ways. Hypocrites tend not to see their own hypocrisy unless it is pointed out to them (and often, not even then).

Peace,

tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

HYPOCRISIES
    1 Pe 2:1
    HYPOCRISY
    Isa 32:6
    Mt 23:28
    Mk 12:15
    Lk 12:1
    1Ti 4:2
    Jas 3:17
    HYPOCRITE
    Job 27:8
    Job 34:30
    Pr 11:9
    Isa 9:17
    Mt 7:5
    Lk 6:42
    Lk 13:15
    HYPOCRITES
    Job 15:34
    Isa 33:14
    Mt 6:2
    Mt 6:5
    Mt 6:16
    Mt 15:7
    Mt 16:3
    Mt 22:18
    Mt 23:13
    Mt 23:14
    Mt 23:15
    Mt 23:23
    Mt 23:25
    Mt 23:27
    Mt 23:29
    Mt 24:51
    Mk 7:6
    Lk 11:44
    Lk 12:56
    HYPOCRITICAL
    Ps 35:16
    Isa 10:6

LOL, If you are desperate you can sort through these...

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

The bible did not answer any direct question, if it did, we won't all be here.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yes! Very much so!

Romans 2:1-3 speaks about judging others when you yourself are doing things will get judged by God. aka don't be a hypocrite.

If it's real important to you I can find it, but somewhere in Ezekiel is a case of Jehovah punishing some nations, and those not touched were laughing in spite, and so then THEY also get some coming to them for that. The lesson there, not to rejoice in those God punishes, because you are no better.

Even when the Israelites were being given the promised land, some scriptures say something to the effect, "Don't think it's because of your righteousness they are being driven out, it's because of their extreme evil and badness, and you are not much better".

Throughout the whole bible, there is consistency in don't judge others, don't think highly of yourself, and this is a BIG problem with JW teachings from what I've seen. It hit me when I saw people really trying to do good, even having more morals then other witnesses, those who help the poor, etc, but then being told that it doesn't matter if they aren't in 'the truth' they will die. Then I thought, okay, back in the early 1920's when supposedly what all JW's believed was wrong, if God looked at 2 people, one who wasn't a jw, helping poor, doing things to really help, then another who thought they were serving him the most, only doing service, and thinking to themself this other person will rightfully die because they aren't in 'the truth' like I am, how will he judge them at the end? Would he pick the one really helping people, or the one who was telling others they would die for not having the truth, when infact he himself did not have it?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Adding to what I last said, since a lot of what JW's believe is not correct or 'the truth', if that is taken away, then who are the ones more serving or doing what's right? That and the power and faith people put in the GB, to the point of idolity and ahead of the bible, those are 2 major things that unsure how God will respond in the end, but may turn very badly for them.

• hubert
    hubert

Are there any Bible verses that it says that "Jehovah hates......Liars, fornicators, and so on?" What actual verses are there, and where can I find them?

I am trying to tie in "Jehovah hates" with lying, hypocrytes, two faced, twisted, and things like that.

Hubert

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit