1 John 4:1-4 says...brothers test every inspired expression to see if it originates with God or not!

by witchtowerwitch 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

How can any of us test the witchtowers teachings when we're forbidden to do so,is that not signs of a mind controlling cult?Yes it is my fellow free minders!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The funny part is the argument they give for ignoring that scripture. Basically you did this during your original bible study with them so by now you should trust the GB. How soon we forget that during your study you were warned that other points of view were only Satan trying to trick you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen.

I always smile at the way The Message Bible lays it on the line.

Passage 1 John 4 :

My dear friends, don't believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world.

Here's how you test for the genuine Spirit of God. Everyone who confesses openly his faith in Jesus Christ—the Son of God, who came as an actual flesh-and-blood person—comes from God and belongs to God. And everyone who refuses to confess faith in Jesus has nothing in common with God. This is the spirit of antichrist that you heard was coming. Well, here it is, sooner than we thought!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Their 'argument' for this would be that the Society's literature isn't 'inspired'. So basically, 'inspired' scripture 'must' be 'tested'. And the supposed 'benchmark' for 'testing' scripture is the 'uninspired' Watch Tower Society literature, which must not be 'tested'.

Confused? Good, that's just the way they like it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, they acknowledge their literature is uninspired, yet JW's are expected to treat it as if it were.

Once, an elder actually referred to WT literature as "holy." !!!

I kid you not.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Yeah, they acknowledge their literature is uninspired.

I see what you did there

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I tested out several of those inspired expressions, including the ones found in Genesis 2 and 3. And I found that they prove Jehovah to be a slavedriver, and Satan your Savior.

• wasblind
    wasblind

They also claim:

" They hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs"______Reasoning book page 199

THEY ALSO STATE

" Have not Jehovah's witnsesses made errors in their teachings?

Jehovah Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. they have made Mistakes. "________Reasoning book page 136

They are right about that, a false prophet ain't inspired by God

Hananiah made errors in the things he " TAUGHT " too, and was sentenced to death

How many errors did Hananiah make ???? Just one

• maisha
    maisha

Actually it is quite amuzing to me, at a place called Mbeya east africa there are over 1200 churches, it is just a small town on the near borders of malawi, zambia and inside tanzania.

Every church worldwide seems ot set up office in this town, I cannot understand what it is they get out of doing so.

You have pentecostals from every breakaway possible, assemblies of god from every country possible, lutheran, and so on and so on.

what i really find amazing is that none of them work together even though for example they bear the same name lutheran or aog or whatever.

you have lutheran missions from korea, japan, germany, denmark, uk, usa, and so on.

division of purpose is rampant and these so called brothers in faith are not even close they dont even talk....

BUT they pull lots of money from the congregations supporting them from back in their own country.

So really,,, who is right and whom is wrong,,, for a fact other religions cannot talk anything as they are far more corrupt than jw are.

You all welcome to set up another curch there,, welcome,,,,

• wasblind
    wasblind

Maisha,

Have you met obves, I think you will make quite a couple

you can rant, while he count, in unison

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit