Here Are the Answers - What Are the Questions?

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Examine the Scriptures honestly, and reason on what questions they demand of you.

A. Matt.12:50, 13:38,25:40; Mark 3:35; Luke 8:21;John 1:12,13, 15:14; Rom. 8:14; 1 John 5:1

Q. _________________________________________________________________________________

A. Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31; Romans 14:9; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:1; 1Peter 4:5.

Q. _________________________________________________________________

A. John 10:16

Q. ____________________________________________________________________

A. Exodus 12:43-50, 19:8, 24:3; Joshua 6:25; Ruth 1:4.

Q. _____________________________________________

A. Galatians 6:16; Rev. 7:4; Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30.

Q. ______________________________________________

A. Acts 15:1,2; Gal. 2:1-9.

Q. ____________________

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A. Matt.12:50, 13:38,25:40; Mark 3:35; Luke 8:21;John 1:12,13, 15:14; Rom. 8:14; 1 John 5:1

Q. _________________________________________________________________________________

A. Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31; Romans 14:9; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:1; 1Peter 4:5.

Q. _________________________________________________________________

A. John 10:16

; John 9:40;

Matt. 10:5,6, 15:24; Rom. 1:16; Rom. 2:10; Eph. 2:14.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Q: Is this even the truth? Are any of these scriptures even meaningful? Or are they there to mislead you and me into enslavement?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

:) I'm only asking people to read the Bible and reason for themselves - not to accept other's reasoning!!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I'll take a stab:

A. Matt.12:50; 13:38; 25:40; Mark 3:35; Luke 8:21; John 1:12,13; 15:14; Rom. 8:14; 1 John 5:1

Q. These highlight who are really Jesus' brothers. and who are really the sons of God. The Society says only the 144,000 are. These verses prove that to be a lie.

A. Acts 10:42; 17:31; Romans 14:9; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:1; 1Peter 4:5

Q. These highlight Jesus' role as judge of the living and dead. Incidentally, there is an error in the Society's view of who "the living and the dead" are. It is related to their misunderstanding of the verses in the first question. The "living" are alive when Jesus begins judging. The "dead" are ones brought back to life and judged during the 1000 years.

The Society views the "living" as Armageddon survivors (the great crowd). The problem here is that (according to this view) the great crowd go through the same things and meet the same standards as the 144,000. Yet the 144,000 are counted as sons of God and get their reward, whereas, the great crowd are only 'friends of the family,' and have to spend another thousand years trying to prove themselves before they are accepted into the household. They spend a life in service to God and then move into the 1000 years and have no more credit than some caveman who never gave a passing thought to God. That's WT justice. Would Jesus really let people, who think like this, rule the Earth?

A. John 10:16 ("And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold" NWT)

Q. These refer to Gentiles who would later become Jesus' followers. The NWT makes a sly attempt to distort this by the rendering "of this fold." "Of" is the Greek particle ek. The NWT consistently renders this "out of." (See the inside of the front cover of the KIT.) But not here. "Fold" is the same Greek word (aule) as occurs in verse 1, rendered "sheepfold." It refers to a courtyard where sheep are housed (in this context). Verses 7 thru 15 describe a wilderness enclosure for sheep, used only while they are out in the field grazing.

Jesus is saying the "other sheep" don't come "out of," or originate from, the same courtyard that the sheep in verse 1 come out of. But they, thereafter, become one flock.

The NWT rendering is intended to convey the idea that the "other sheep" graze with the sheep of verse 1, but are never housed together. Thus, in the WT explanation, there are 3 courtyards. The original one. (vs.1) The new one that the sheep of verse 1 are moved into. (The "fold" of verse 16) And an implied 3rd one for housing the "other sheep" of verse 16. (Implied because they have to be housed somewhere, but they are not "of" the one in verse 16.)

In a sense, all three of the above sets of Scripture are somewhat related to each other.

I'll save the rest for someone else. (I guess I didn't do so great a job turning the verses into questions.)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I must have nothing better to do. So here goes:

A. Exodus 12:43-50, 19:8, 24:3; Joshua 6:25; Ruth 1:4.

Q. The verses in Exodus 12 describe the law concerning the passover. Since the Lord's Evening Meal has historical links to the passover, here are some points of note: A foreigner could eat of it, but only after he got circumcised. Otherwise, he was not to 'come near it.' Thus, there was no such thing as a 'respectful observer' to the passover. But a non-Jew did have a choice.

According to the Society, a partaker of the Memorial has no choice in the matter. The choice is only God's - as to whether he partakes. Everybody else is expected to be there to observe. But when they get there they are expected to do more than merely observe. No, they must sit at the table and have the emblems passed right in front of them, so that they physically reject the emblems. Only then is the Society satisfied. They, in effect, put the emblems right in your lap and dare you to partake of them. And if you take the dare you are marked in their eyes and you have just marginalized yourself.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

And again:

A. Galatians 6:16; Rev. 7:4; Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30

Q. All refer to the Israel of God or the twelve tribes. Some points of note:

In Galatians 6:16, the "Israel of God" is paralleled with "all those who will walk orderly by this rule of conduct." The word translated "even" is understood (even by the NWT) as an epexegetical (explanatory) use of the conjunction kai (normally translated "and"). This shows that membership in the "Israel of God" is by choice, not by divine selection as the Society holds.

The other verses support this: In Rev 7:4, the 144,000 are taken "out of" (Greek ek) the tribes of Israel. They represent a smaller group (12,000 out of each tribe) selected out of the larger group (the twelve tribes). Mt 19:28 and Lu 22:30 are consistant with that. The Revelation Distortion book incorrectly titles chapter 19; "The Sealing of the Israel of God." It should read "The Sealing of the 144,000 Out Of the Israel of God."

A. Acts 15:1,2; Gal. 2:1-9

Q. Refer to the disputing that occurred by Jewish Christians in connection with Gentiles becoming Christian. Not sure if I understand the reason for these, but here is my take:

There is a connection with Luke chapter 15 (including the parable of the prodigal son). In the beginning of the chapter, the Pharisees are sneering at all the sinners who are coming to Jesus. This is the backdrop for the prodigal son parable.

In the parable, the older son refuses to accept his prodigal brother back into the family. He wants the prodigal brother to be nothing more than a slave. The Father has a much different attitude. The Pharisees are pictured by the older brother. Later, Jewish Christians take a very similar attitude to the older brother with regard to Gentile who want to become Christian. The Society also has an attitude like the older brother towards members of the great crowd.

This explains alot about the other verses that you've cited and why the Society has come up with the explanations that they have. Like the older brother in the parable, they are adamant that the great crowd not be accepted into the family of God. (It's interesting that in the parable the older brother never allows himself to be reasoned with by his Father.)

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

So there you go. Each "Answer" has been "Questioned." And then all of them have been harmonized as being of the same general topic.

Did you intend that?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I really can't be bothered to plough through all these scriptures looking for truth , it’s so yesterday and Christianity has moved on.

I shall wait for Jesus to talk to me personally.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ BOBCAT -

Your replies on the above Scriptures are clearly reasoned - with no personal agenda. It's so sad and distressing that so many brothers & sisters are willing to go to meetings, assemblies, & conventions, and then go out in the ministry to try and start Bible studies, and yet do not examine for themselves what they are being spoon-fed, like spiritual babes. John admonished Christians to test the inspired expressions - to see if they originated with God!.

Paul said, "Do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself?". (Rom. 2:21) The vast majority of brothers and sisters believe the false teaching that 'a governing body in Jerusalem resolved the circumcision issue' - no they didn't!!! Read Paul's account at Galatians 2: 1- 14.

It was Jehovah's Holy Spirit directing Paul to go up to Jerusalem, with two witnesses, to sort out the false teaching emanating from that congregation - read the Bible account brothers and sisters, for your own sake and for God's sake!!

But of course, many will refuse to accept what the Bible says, because it hasn't come from a certain other source.

Thanks for your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit