Caleb's Letter to Jehovah

by NewChapter 11 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

It seems that this Sparlock video will only have an impact on JW's, but it does have an impact on those that never even associated. I showed the video to a friend of mine, and shared the sensation that has grown out of it. He actually had a dream about Sparlock writing a letter to Jehovah! It weighed heavily on his mind. He got up and wrote the letter from his dream very quickly and emailed it to me. He wanted me to share it. Sorry, I can't get paragraph breaks to stick.

Dear Jehovah,

My name is Caleb. I would like to think with all the wise teachings i have learned that I have a good mind, and some knowledge. I have thought about my life as a witness so far and I am concerned about something. In reflection of my ten years in service to you I have been very obedient and loving. But it has dawned on me that the toy Sparlock that I threw in the trash to avoid making you sad, is bothering me.

As a child I need to have stimulation in my mind as to becoming a creative person. Sparlock is a toy, he only represents fantasy and fantasy helps a child develop in many ways. If a child does not have any sense of creativity, how would the car or plane ever been made? I am sure at many points in time that people thought that flying was crazy and ungodly, as would have been the thought of a machine to take us from this planet to the moon and beyond. In fact so many things that we have in our lives would not be here without the fertile minds of men, women and sometimes even children who were able to develop their creative minds.

Friends are also a concern of mine. Without the ability to have and interact with friends I cannot develop skills to become a part of my surrounding society. The reasoning behind this is to become a working member who can contribute to the society and workforce which keeps us alive. The thought of displeasing you makes me sad because if I displease you, I will lose all of my friends and family. I will become an outcast and be shunned. I believe in you Jehovah, but what I do not believe in are the men who make laws on your behalf to control others just to have them follow their own personal laws and reasoning.

These men use you as a weapon to become rulers of us all. They say that you will be sad, and that you would not like my simple toy, Sparlock, which they themselves created. Their minds have already thought of a warrior wizard and created a warrior wizard so as to once again try and use your name Jehovah to take my innocence away and make me their slave. Jehovah please show them their wrong doing so I may grow up a normal creative loving human and please do not be sad for those who use you and your name to take personal gain and control of your people.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Someone here can make paragraphs out of the letter, I just won't read the letter without the paragraphs.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good imagination, Caleb. I can see that in the fact that you are trying to write a letter to Jehovah...Jehovah doesn't have a postal service.

Your letter has a good point about a child's imagination, and all.

Don't put much stock on this animated story. Bugs Bunny, and the Road Runner had some bad lessons on them too.

Recognize that this was just the point of view of the writer and not one of the Creator, who for the sake of explanation could have used magic to create the Universe.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

A good letter to reflect on.

Kojack

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Someone should send this to the WT...

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Dear Jehovah,

My name is Caleb. I would like to think with all the wise teachings i have learned that I have a good mind, and some knowledge. I have thought about my life as a witness so far and I am concerned about something. In reflection of my ten years in service to you I have been very obedient and loving. But it has dawned on me that the toy Sparlock that I threw in the trash to avoid making you sad, is bothering me.

As a child I need to have stimulation in my mind as to becoming a creative person. Sparlock is a toy, he only represents fantasy and fantasy helps a child develop in many ways. If a child does not have any sense of creativity, how would the car or plane ever been made? I am sure at many points in time that people thought that flying was crazy and ungodly, as would have been the thought of a machine to take us from this planet to the moon and beyond. In fact so many things that we have in our lives would not be here without the fertile minds of men, women and sometimes even children who were able to develop their creative minds.

Friends are also a concern of mine. Without the ability to have and interact with friends I cannot develop skills to become a part of my surrounding society. The reasoning behind this is to become a working member who can contribute to the society and workforce which keeps us alive. The thought of displeasing you makes me sad because if I displease you, I will lose all of my friends and family. I will become an outcast and be shunned. I believe in you Jehovah, but what I do not believe in are the men who make laws on your behalf to control others just to have them follow their own personal laws and reasoning.

These men use you as a weapon to become rulers of us all. They say that you will be sad, and that you would not like my simple toy, Sparlock, which they themselves created. Their minds have already thought of a warrior wizard and created a warrior wizard so as to once again try and use your name Jehovah to take my innocence away and make me their slave. Jehovah please show them their wrong doing so I may grow up a normal creative loving human and please do not be sad for those who use you and your name to take personal gain and control of your people.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

My idea of what Caleb might say:

Dear Jehovah,

I love you and I don't want to make you sad. I love Mum and Dad and don't want to make them sad, either.

I love playing with my toys. I have a new toy called Sparlock. I like playing with him. I like my friend and my friend gave him to me. I can play with him with my friend and we are all happy together. None of us are sad.

I have learned that you made us all and you made the Earth for us and you want us all to be peaceful and happy and friends together. I like being peaceful and happy and with my friends. We like playing with our toys together. Sparlock is our toy and we like playing with him. We all play together and none of us are sad.

Mum got sad when I showed her Sparlock. She said Sparlock makes you sad. Now Sparlock is in the bin. Now I am sad. My friend is going to be sad if I tell him Sparlock is in the bin. He might stop being my friend because it was kind of him to give me Sparlock, and he might feel sad because Sparlock is in my bin. I am sad Sparlock is in the bin.

Sparlock will be sad in the bin.

Dear Jehovah, I want to make you happy with me and not sad. But now I am sad. Now my friends and I might stop playing together. Mum and Dad teach me you are great and good and kind and I am just a little boy. So, please, can you tell me why Mum makes me sad and says I'll make you sad when I just want everyone to be happy and play with Sparlock?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I could see a real child actually writing that. Very cool.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

That's what was in my mind, Shawn.

I wanted to bring out how confusing and wrong the JW stance on upbringing and teaching is, and also how the innocence of a child is far closer to God than the jW's.

The scariest thing about that DVD to me was that I know JW parents and grandparents who are dead ringers for Caleb's mum and dad. Some of them were teaching me! I feel a strong affinity woth poor old Caleb.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey NC, quite an insightful friend you have there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit