Anyone watching the venus transit?

by darthfader 21 Replies latest social current

• darthfader
  • flipper
    flipper

My son & his girlfriend visited my wife and me and they had a couple pairs of the dark glasses to look at Venus passing in front of the sun. I could see it just a little bit as Venus was quite small in the upper right hand side of the sun. It wasn't as much of an awesome sight as the eclipse a month ago though, in my opinion. Apparently Venus won't do this until over 100 years from now when most of us are dead. Hopefully the WT society will be dead by that time as well. One can only dream

• St George of England
    St George of England

Too cloudy here in my part of the UK.

George

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yeah it was too cloudy here in Pittsburgh too.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Clouded out. Caught it in 2004. So glad I did.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Fantastic view from my backyard here in Australia for about 4 hours till the cloud came.

Got some nice video of it as well on my Flickr page And Venus was her name. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• moshe
    moshe

Venus transit?- no not at all curious about it . However, when I was a teenager, I was extremely interested in the Mons Venus .

• darthfader
    darthfader

Thanks for the replies! I watched a bit of the Nasa coverage from the Mauna Kea telescope facility. It's pretty interesting that they are now watching other stars for the "blips" (shadows) the orbiting planets cast on orbit. I think it's a pretty interesting time to be alive.

cheers!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I checked it out "live" on the computer,while it was happening,and I also watched it a few years ago,and I know I wont be around for the next occurence.

smiddy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We only got a brief window on a cloudy day, but we snatched our chance and saw it.

I had a Dub, who missed it, tell me he will see it next time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit