Is Sparlock a violation of this companies copyright?

by UnConfused 13 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
  • donuthole
    donuthole

No. You can't copyright a name. You can only trademark one. Even at that, there is no confusing a magical warrior wizard with a brick company.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Currently, it doesn't appear that anyone has trademarked the name "Sparlock", per a search of the U.S. trademark database. Though it's probably only a matter of time before the WTBTS does so, given the current apostate furor :(

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I think one of us should do it LOL.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Sure, if anyone's got $375 to blow.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Forget the brick company--look at the pattern on the rug in the video. Does anybody else see what I saw? It looks to me like the animators used a well-known, well-defended trademark (the table hides part of it, but there's enough showing to be recognized as that famous logo).

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

What's on the rug?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm not saying yet, so as not to influence anybody else's opinion. I'm curious if others see the same thing there that I do, or if it's just my over-active imagination. I'll check in tomorrow night, and will explain then.

• mP
    mP

Bit dumb to name your character and not own the domain... What if someone took over sparklock.com and made it into a xxx website, and some jw kids found it... Owning the matching domain name is almost a must today.

• cheerios
    cheerios

what do you expect from amped-up window-washers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit