Is the new brochure cover a ripoff of a Lord of the Rings book cover?

by fugue 19 Replies latest jw friends

• fugue
    fugue

This was actually first spotted by a good dub over on JW Talk. I find it amusing, to say the least.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Hmm. Interesting.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I'm thinking we have some LOTR fans at Bethel.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If Gandalf and Sparlock did battle Gandalf would clearly kick the little purple one's plastic ass!

On the other hand, if they teamed up against the Evil WTBTS they would vanquish them.

Too bad Gandalf and Sparlock are imaginary wizard. Even worse is the fact that the evil of the WTBTS is real!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If Gandalf and Sparlock did battle Gandalf would clearly kick the little purple one's plastic ass!

On the other hand, if they teamed up against the Evil WTBTS they would vanquish them.

Too bad Gandalf and Sparlock are imaginary wizard. Even worse is the fact that the evil of the WTBTS is real!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hhmmmmhnnn I`m thinking it`s just a little too much of a coincidence.

smiddy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well they have plagerized a cover or two. I think I remember one in the live forever book.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wait...so LOTR (with its wizards and orcs and Sauron and magic rings and nazguls and God knows what else) makes Jehovah happy while Sparlock makes him sad??

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"well they have plagerized a cover or two. I think I remember one in the live forever book."

If it is the "bathing beauty" you are thinking of, that is no plagarization, but a picture bought from a photo stock, and the German magazine bought it from the same stock.

• diamondiiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit