lconvention lonliness

by independenthinker 10 Replies latest jw friends

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

growing up i've always felt so lonely at conventions. seeing the other kids with 2 parents to spend the weekend with always made me cry as a kid. it was, and still is, a really lonely existence. as if i wasn't already socially impeded being from a divided household, i had no peers in my cong but my siblings, and now im the last one standing. i just sit in my seat, and go to the car for lunch and sleep. it made me feel so ugly, and weird, and disgusting to see all the "good" jw teens smiling and laughing and joking :( im really looking forward to mine this weekend. . .

• finally awake
    finally awake

DON'T GO!! Do something fun instead!

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

i have to, you wouldn't believe the guilt. . . and im being quizzed by the elders anyway bc of worldly gf, not going would look suspicious! i should write sparlock on my name tag ;)

has anyone else felt the war. . lonliness of gods loving organization at the conventions/assemblies?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yep. 1st assembly after my separation. I was better off going to a different DA

• Fernando
    Fernando

It took me 4 decades to finally realise and understand that I was not of their sort and never belonged.

Despite their spurious and disingenuous claim that God had the foresight to make sure I was born into the correct religion...

• wasblind
    wasblind

You sound like a person who gets pleasure out of pain

next thing you'll tell us is that it " Hurt so Good "

Your Little Caleb all grown up, in all your sadness you believe that your makin Jehovah happy

so in other words, we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you lack the BALLS to stay home

MAN UP !!!!! AND GET THE HELL OUT OF DODGE

you ain't a kid anymore your a grown ass man GROW SOME BALLS !!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Do what you have to do if you want to avoid further suspicion. It's very difficult to be part of a cliquey cult when you're not in a clique, so take your phone, or Ipad or whatever gadget that young people have, and surf apostate websites while you're at the convention.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's not fun for older ones either,especially single ones. My last convention was so depressing. So,you aren't alone.

If you have to go,try to find something to pass the time. I used to walk around and pretend I was lost,lol. It's seems silly now,being afraid of the attendants with their Please be seated signs. Or pretend to take notes,or actually take notes and share them on here. We're always up for a few good laughs.

Hey,you could always say you're going another week. That's what I do. No one is the wiser. They could really care less,believe me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You should not to attend not so much of the possibility of loneliness, but rather on moral grounds of supporting this corrupt religious publishing house.

Infusing yourself with lies and corruption isn't good for anyone.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi independenthinker, I'm sorry that you feel that you must go to the DA. It is your decision.

Can you do something fun at the DA, such as leave business cards of Sparlock and the url to a youtube video. You could also leave business cards with urls of www.jwfacts.com, www.jehovahs-witness.net , www.jwnews.org, and other informative information on business cards for other JWs to read.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit