The spirit of Caleb's mother entered me ...

by compound complex 11 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Putting the final touches on a floor job this morning, I was pleased with the Bona shine on the dark hardwood floor.

I went out onto the deck to water some potted plants (I'm sloppy). Wisely, I took off my shoes upon reentry. Ready to leave, I realized my sun glasses were on the deck table. So I put my shoes back on. I went out to fetch them and, upon returning to the house, I wiped my feet well, so I thought, and ... TRACKED THE FLOOR WITH MY WAFFLE STOMPERS!

On my hands and knees, I took a damp towel to the telltale imprints and sobbed ...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Hold back your voice from weeping; Caleb and Sparlock will be reunited.

The floor will be none the worse for shine.

Caleb's mother will be reenlightened, and all will be well in Paradise.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Your positive spirit is always refreshing, Sylvia!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I see all those Sparlock threads even caught your eye Syl, good to see you're back with us this afternoon . . !

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

On my hands and knees, I took a damp towel to the telltale imprints and sobbed ...

What? You didn't fill a bucket with water and scrub with a brush on your hands and knees? You Sparlocking apostate!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks and hello, ShirleyW.

I googled Sparlock and found out it's a trade name for some sort of interlocking concrete blocks?

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

What was I thinking?

When emotion takes the reins, a horse rears up and takes the rider on a wild ride ...

Thanks, NC and Shirley!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ New Chapter.

I should be on hands and knees with a brush and some Octagon soap right now, but I'd rather be here with y'all.

That said, I made some delicious cabbage and potatoes for dunner.

As my late mother was wont to say, I'm as satisfied as chinches when they're biting.

Sylvia

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The concrete block company is probably scratching their heads right now wondering what just happened.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit