Just had my first JW call at my house.

by strymeckirules 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

so i'm having a quite morning and then "ding" goes the front bell.

not expecting anyone, saturday morning 11:00am.

go to the door look out the window and see briefcases.

i open the door not knowing what i would say or do.

it's old terry the elder and his sidekick 25-30 male.

i knew terry from my childhood. he gave many talks at conventions. my father and him are friends. he didn't recognise me.

so it goes like this -

Terry- good morning

ME - (slowly trying to catch my breath from the addrenalin rush in my body) Terry, i'm not the guy you want to talk to.

Terry- How do you know my name?

ME - (very calmly) sorry, i'm just having a major addrenalin rush right now let me catch my breath.

Terry - No problem, take your time.

Me - (very calmly) I was raised a Jw until i realized it was a mind control cult. *(looking straight at the younger sidekick) you need to do some research into what you are involved in.

Terry - How do you know my name?

Me - Terry, i grew up around you.

Terry - what's your name?

Me - I'd rather not disclose that information. (looking straight at the deer in the headlights looking sidekick) You need to do some research into what you are involved in.

and then Terry, realizing the situation was on the verge of blowing up if anymore questions were asked said

Terry - Alright then

and they turned and went and i closed my door and tried to calm down.

you know when you have so much to say that you can't even start?

i would have looked like a lunatic if i would have done what i wanted to do, but hopefully the sidekick starts to think.

Terry has some damage control to do now and he has got to be puzzeled who i am. i look just lke my father, so it's kind of a giveaway who i am.

i wanted to mention Sparlock so bad...

WHAT A TRIP!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Would that have possibly been Terry Petto?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Wow, I think you did GREAT

you left him a mystery to figure out

and told him he needed to do research

Terry's wonderin' bout you, and his sidekick is wonderin' bout what he needs to look up

That was SURGICAL I would say

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,, that was good,,sometimes saying a lot doesn't work anyway,,

is anyone making Sparlock necklaces?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think you handled it well. You planted a seed (or two) that may grow and I think that is how most of us escaped.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

You did handle it well, but I'm sure uberDub Terry will just consider it as "persecution from us worldly folks" as they are trained to do.

But I'm sure he's still mystified as to how you know his name, since you say you look like your dad he'll probably figure it out.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

terry walkruk. don't know how to spell the last name.

thanks for the positive feedback, i've often wondered how this would go.

maybe the words were given to me at the right time....

anyways, think i'll be put on the do not call list now? i only said mind control cult once.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think u scared the BaJesus out of Terry. Remeber with dubs, anything out of ordinary is demonic. He's probably freaking out at his "demonic experiance"

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

You could've told him Sparlock told you his name. And if he didn't have his DC yet, even better, maybe.

Nice job, though. Hopefully the "deer in headlights" thinks about what you said.

• uk_ex_jw
    uk_ex_jw

Great stuff.

I had some call at my home a few weeks ago. They buzzed my intercom system and when I answered started telling me that were Jehovah's Witnesses and how they wanted to read me a scripture.

I was also buzzing with adrenaline - I felt a sudden rush through my body.

It went like this:

JW Woman : Good morning, we are from the local Jehovah's Witness congregation locally. You are probably wondering about the problems in the world at present, can I read you a scripture quickly?

Me: Not really.

JW Woman : Oh, can I ask why?

Me: Well, I was brought up a JW and disassociated myself a few years ago following the issues surrounding paedophilia and the changes to the blood issue. Can I ask, have the issues with paedophilia been resolved?

JW Woman: *long pause*

Me: You shouldn't really be talking to me should you? I am what you call an apostate....

JW Woman: Ok, no problem, no I shouldn't be talking to you, can I ask what number you are again?

Me: Number five.

There was no further comments and I looked out of the window and saw them scurrying away and the one was writing in a little notebook - I haven't been called on since and I hope it stays that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit