kraft dinner

by jolly_green_giant 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

'im really getting sick of eating this crap and i thought i'd just let you all know.

• larc
    larc

Jolly,

I feel your pain. Try a Stoufer's tuna casarole or Degiogno's frozen pizza. Cook both before eating.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey JGJ,try adding some ground beef(cook it first,LOL)/saute(fast fry,with a little oil or butter) sliced mushrooms and or red and green pepper.Now add all this to your Kraft Dinner.Sprinkle in garlic powder/onion powder/black pepper.Mix well,all ingredients into the KD.With this one basic recipe you can make many variations of KD,that taste dam good.Try different kinds of meat,shrimp,chicken ect,ect.Instead of using milk in the recipe,use coffee cream(what a difference!)If cash is no problem,try pre-prepared meals in the freezer section at your local supermarket.Like larc says cook before eating..LOL..>>>Hey larc,Smart Ass.Excuse me,Mr.Smart Ass..LOL..Nice to see you on the board bud.....OUTLAW

• Celia
    Celia

What's a kraft dinner ???

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I have to laugh at them calling it just "KD". You need to keep a couple boxes in the back of the cupboard for emergency food. I don't care to eat it much anymore but sometimes you just get a craving for it (and then you realize you are out of milk or butter..lol)

There is lots of good frozen convenience food out there now like M&M stuff but you do get sick of it all and wish for a nice home cooked meal that we are too lazy to prepare.. LOL

Path

• Sargon
    Sargon

Celia,
    Kraft dinner is a North American staple, as popular as haggis. It's noodles and powdered cheese sauce. Boil the noodles add milk and oleo, presto you can feed a family of 4 (so the box says) for under a buck. We always called it crap dinner in my house. Goes lousy with beer.

They faught like warrior poets...and gained their freedom.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL@Feeding a family of four. I also don't think it is too easy to buy it for a buck anymore, at least not the "real" KD..LOL

(Funny all the percentage of canadians in this thread...

Path

• Celia
    Celia

Oooooh ! Maccaronis and cheese !
    I do mine from scratch, but I do use these boxed ones from time to time.
    I just add my own grated swiss cheese, some pepper, and I bake it in the oven so it gets a light crusty top. Served with hot dogs for hubby, salad for me.

• mustang
    mustang

The cheaper knock-offs of Kraft's are less tasty than the box they come in. However, a can of Dennison's chili will liven any of them up.

Mustang

• Princess
    Princess

My kids won't eat the stuff. Such a relief!

Princess

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit