Got My First Shunning Last Night - And I am NOT Even a JW!!!

by Yan Bibiyan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Is the guy a Witness? Could it be that HE'S been disfellowshipped and was trying to avoid having YOU speak to HIM?

Can't say for sure, but it was meeting night and the guy was still in a suit - in all likelyhood still in (way in )

• irondork
    irondork

I find it funny now, that the 'dubs actually think their little act of shunning makes them points with Jah

That's exactly what it is. It's not a natural thing to shun someone. Not for me, anyway and I would think not for any normal person. It was very uncomfortable. But I shunned because Jehovah, through the faithful slave, told me to. I obeyed Jehovah and was pleased with myself for having refused to touch the unclean thing.

Horrible!

I remember the last time I shunned someone. That poor guy. You know you've hit bottom when you get shunned in the Walmart parking lot. He was one of the other gay guys who got reinstetd about the same time I did. He had begun to see the cracks in the walls about three months ahead of me and he was already fading. I used to encourage him as often as I could about the treatment he was recieving form others in the hall ("Just let Jehovah handle it", I would tell him.), but he was inconsolable. He told me he hated it at the kingdom hall and wanted to die. I didn't know what to do or say. I just gave him my phone number and asked him to join me in field service because going out in the ministry, as you know, builds us up spiritually and that is the solution to all our problems.

One day I saw him at the book counter after the meeting and went up to say hi but he looked at me kinda nervous-like and said he had to leave. Later, I found out they announced he was no longer a witness at the previous meeting, which I did not attend. Don't know why - doesn't matter.

Two or three weeks later I saw him getting out of his car at Walmart, he saw me and his face lit up with the happiest smile. He was so glad to see me. I hung my head, turned the other direction and walked away.

It's my turn to want to die.

• extractor
    extractor

Hey, me too!!! Never been a JW but got my 1st shun today. Apparently, some Jehovah's Witnesses don't like to witness for Jehovah if you ask them intelligent questions. Don't bother them with the Bible, just look at their stupid magazine and believe whatever it says.

Stupid cult.

• criticalwitness
    criticalwitness

this has got me wondering i wonder if on a technicality if you were disfellowshipped can witnesses still talk to you? what i mean is now they only announce such and such is no longer a witness! so you become just like a man of the nations now i know because of old programing many shun because thats what was taught but were is that encourged now if i was a visitor and heard that announced wouldnt think that means to shun?

• biometrics
    biometrics

Yep. I've never been baptized, and I've been shunned too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No Yan Bibiyan,

You didn't give the impression that your were hurt

you just gave a good impression on how stupid

shunnin' is

• jemba
    jemba

IMHO the dubs enjoy being able to spread the hate. Theyre enjoying the negativity and gossip that surrounds anyone who is no longer affiliated with them. The last thing they want is to find out that you are happier now that youre out than ever before. So thats exactly what I portray at all times, a radiantly happy disposition. Im not lying anyway, just exaggerating. It is the most awesome,liberating feeling to be out. yay!! I have found a lot of dubs to be confused at my new relaxed, happy nature. While most of them seem seriously sad and mentally removed from real life.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If things keep going on at the same rate they will soon only be able to talk to one another.

Tht won't work either, what with all of the marking ging on within the congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit