Just reading some of the latest brochure

by therevealer 13 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

Who are doing Jehovah's will today?

Something I found a bit strange - that is the title of the brochure but on page three it asks - What is god's will? and it says "God wants us to live in peace and happiness on a paradise earth forever!". So what happened to the annointed that want to go to heaven? Are they not to be included in the "Who are doing Jehovah's will today?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

They don't want anymore anointed. There is already too many of them!

The increasing number of anointed in the annual report compare to published expectations and later published statistics. Look what they wrote only 12 years ago:

"Over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller." - w2000 1/15, p. 13 (See below for full quote)

But compare that to what's actually happening:

Memorial partakers

• 2000 - 8661
      • 2001 - 8730
      • 2002 - 8760
      • 2003 - 8565
      • 2004 - 8570
      • 2005 - 8,524 - Historical low
      • 2006 - 8,758
      • 2007 - 9,105 - This was a 3.8% increase in partakers which is greater than the 3.1% increase in JW overall!
      • 2008 - 9,986
      • 2009 - 10,857
      • 2010 - 11,202
      • 2011 - 11,824 ? This is a 5.6% increase

• "Over the past seven years, from 1974 to 1980 inclusive, Jehovah’s Witnesses have made steady progress. Their growth is healthy. Only as to Memorial partakers has there been a gradual decline, which is in accord with Scriptural expectations. " - 1981 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, p. 31 [Emphasis added]
    • “Six convincing lines of evidence that we are in the last days”… "Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller.” - w00 1/15, p. 13, “Six convincing lines of evidence that we are in the last days”
  • therevealer
    therevealer

B-u-u-u-t-t - still are they not excluding themselves from those who are doing Jehovah's will today? It can't be them if they mention only those who want to live on a paradise earth - - No?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"paradise earth", my a$$. Find the two words together anywhere in the bible....

• Nambo
    Nambo

" Some of the genuine annointed will still be on Earth when the tribulations come", well I should hope they are otherwise they have no chance of being killed in the manner of the original disiples, the following scripture doesnt say they die of old age.

Wonder what excuse the society will come up with when all the "genuine" annointed have died peacefully in their beds and the tribulations and persecutions of Gods people has yet to take place but there is nobody left to fullfill Revelation 6 v 11

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, [e] were killed just as they had been.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Truly anointed"....."Genuine Anointed"...That is just saying to any new partakers that "You are a fraud, or delusional !"

NB How can they say that the true ones are decreasing still? Do they have a hotline to Heaven to sort out the good from the bad?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, maybe they just don't want to introduce that concept to the newly interested ones. It's a bit of an insider doctrine as far as the details of it, even though it is discussed in Public Edition magazines to an extent. That would be my guess.

Besides, they did say in the 'od' book that the slave class' job is primarily to feed those who are already JWs, but it's an extra act of love that they provide information to the outside world. Seems to me they've essentially/simultaneously excused themselves in print from the job of 'spearheading the ministry' stuff they usually talk about.

--sd-7

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes, I guess that is probably the answer sd-7. Without coming out and saying as much they leave themselves as a special part of the equation that the suckers, err, ones who get involved learn about later. Quite deceptive when you think of it that way.

• designs
    designs

The JW think tank always maintained a connection to Infralapsarianism, Armenianism, and Hypothetical Universalism.

• mP
    mP

At the rate the annoited are increasing, the day will come when there are more NEW annoiteds than baptisms. I wonder just how far away we are from this. Maybe annoiteds count as 10x baptisms when they publish their figures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit