Could some of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and Jehovah’s Witnesses “Governing Body” be suffering from Schizophrenia?

by Balaamsass 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Could some of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, and Jehovah’s Witnesses “Governing Body” be suffering from Schizophrenia?

Does it strike you as odd that millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses and the multi-billion dollar Watchtower Bible and Tract Society might be directed by men who received “a special calling by God” as teenagers in the 70s?

In light of the fact that 99% of Jehovah’s Witnesses accepted the accepted Watchtower doctrine that the 144,000 were sealed in 1935, those that suddenly began “partaking” in later years, (especially untested youth) were frequently met with raised eyebrows and thought of as possibly “mentally diseased” in times past.

Could there be an explanation? A quick Google enquiry came up with some food for thought. Evidently, Schizophrenia is as common as one in 100 individuals, and “Most cases of schizophrenia appear in the late teens or early adulthood”.

Common schizophrenic delusions include:

• Delusions of persecution – Belief that others, often a vague “they,” are out to get him or her. These persecutory delusions often involve bizarre ideas and plots. (The Apostates are conspiring against me- we need to make a compound in the country.)
    • Delusions of reference – A neutral environmental event is believed to have a special and personal meaning. “That scripture spoke to ME”.
    • Delusions of grandeur – Belief that one is a famous or important figure….”the belief that one has unusual powers that no one else has.” (Anointed, prophet or Governing body?).
    • Delusions of control – Belief that one’s thoughts or actions are being controlled by outside, forces (God?)…. thought insertion (“God’s holy spirit plants thoughts in my head”).

What do you think?

• flipper
    flipper

BALAAMSASS- The WT leaders as well as elders, and other JW members are suffering from a mental condition caused by being under he influence of cult mind control called " dissociative disorder " which really is dangerous as well, just more subtle to notice than schizophrenia .

I made a thread on this " dissociative disorder " a few years ago. Heres the link : http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183134/1/Being-Under-Cult-Mind-Control-is-a-Psychological-Disorder-Steve-Hassan

Thought you might enjoy reading this and the comments. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It would be interesting to investigate what ages the governing body members were when they started partaking. But my guess is they were probably a bit older, in their thirties or forties, when they had already established themselves as elders or CO's, which would not support this theory.

There is no doubt they must have been a bit weird to start partaking at a time it was not generally accepted that new anointed were being called. The whole GB now consists of such weirdos as the previous generation of common garden variety anointed all died off. An alternative to their being mentally imbalanced of course is that partaking was a move they consciously took to enable their advancement onto the GB...

I have sometimes been curious if some of the older GB encouraged some of their younger protégés to partake so they could be appointed. I would not be surprised if Jaracz did that.

• irondork
  • zeb
    zeb

Hitler was taking some 'snake-oil' medication for years that contained ..Atropine. This causes delusions of grandeur. Is it possible there is Atropine in the water at Bethel or some other chemical like Atropine.?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Good point.....imagine them as young Pioneers partaking.....people wisphering, "he thinks he's anointed!!!" Imagine the NEXT generation of Governing body members in their 40's - 50's where will they come from?

• mP
    mP

Its not schizophrenia, its the holy spirit. Ancient peoples thought crazy people were inspired or demonized, so take your pick.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Balamsass: There is definitely a connection. Although I don't think most are schizoprenic (clinically), there is definitely some disordered thinking going on. And keep in mind that narcissism manifests itself in similar ways. Huge egos these people have.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

What a stupid question you made.

ALL of them suffer...

-hope you take no offence, your friend

NOLAW

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This link has some interesting info on psychopatic tendencies and I find many JW's fit the bill

http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopaths_in_sheeps_clothing.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit