favorite bands anyone?

by peaceloveharmony 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey-i'm just starting this somewhat cheesy thread on favorite bands.

here is my list:

Phish
    Grateful Dead
    Cake
    The Doors
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Snoop Doggy Dog
    Dr Dre
    The Fugees
    Wyclef Jean
    Bob Marley
    Madonna
    Prince
    Pink Floyd

well that's all i can think of for now. i love lots of bands/artists. too many really to list. these are my all time favorites though.

love harmony

• waiting
    waiting

hey harmony,

Somewhat cheesy, eh? Count me in!

All time favorite - Queen.

Beatles - after their 5th album.

Supertramp.

Chicago.

And no one ever mentions these, but Phatom of the Opera, Cats and Evita. Anthony Lloyd Webber.

And West Side Story.

waiting

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hey waiting

thanks for replying:)

i forgot about queen. very good! and i agree with about the beatles. i like their later stuff better than their earlier more bubble gum music.

love h

• neyank
    neyank

Moody Blues
    3 Dog Night
    Beach Boys
    Mamas and the Papas
    Bee Gees
    Emison Lake and Palmer
    The Comadores
    The Beatles
    Dion and the Belmonts
    Roy Orbison
    The Platers

I'm not dating myself am I?????
    neyank

• waiting
    waiting

hey yank,

I'm not dating myself am I?????

After the second group, I was asking myself - how old is yankee? Always dangerous talking about "such things" with youngun's here.

My daughter and her almost husband have booked The Drifters for their wedding reception. He felt that's the only way to get people my age to dance. He's right.

waiting

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Waiting,
    Could you get me an invitation to your daughters wedding?
    I would love to see the drifters.
    Is the band all original?
    As far as my age,I'm older than some and younger than others.
    :-)
    neyank

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

How about Mozart. How old does that make me? Come on Waiting bring it on, I can handle it.
    TW

• larc
    larc

Well my favorite of all the afore mentioned is Bob Dylan, but I wouldn't call him a band. I think his very best was Dylan at Budacon (sp?) saw the same concert in Dayton before it was recorded in Japan. This past summer I saw a Cinnicannati Reds game and a Beach Boy concert afterwards for $15. Saw the Spinners for free at a local park and spent big bucks to see Tina Turner. What a woman. At 62 still moving like young kid.

As Dylan said, "Look out kid there's somethin you did, God knows when but you're doin it again." Have you ever heard his song, "It's all right ma, I'm only bleadin." Not to cheerful, but profound.

• larc
    larc

Well my favorite of all the afore mentioned is Bob Dylan, but I wouldn't call him a band. I think his very best was Dylan at Budacon (sp?) saw the same concert in Dayton before it was recorded in Japan. This past summer I saw a Cinnicannati Reds game and a Beach Boy concert afterwards for $15. Saw the Spinners for free at a local park and spent big bucks to see Tina Turner. What a woman. At 62 still moving like young kid.

As Dylan said, "Look out kid there's somethin you did, God knows when but you're doin it again." Have you ever heard his song, "It's all right ma, I'm only bleadin." Not to cheerful, but profound.

• larc
    larc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit