Watchtower Library Question

by peggaloon 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peggaloon
    peggaloon

Hi all,

I have never seen a Watchtower Library CD so this is a very basic question:

If you get a 2003 Watchtower Library CD, does it contain all publications from the 1970's or so, up to 2003?

Then if you get the 2004 Watchtower Library CD, it will contain everything that the prior CD has, plus 1 years extra?

Or is each year just an update CD with 12 months of publications only? (To supplement your presummed existing library)

Thanks

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I dont know all the answers to your questions...

i have 2010 and 2011 so i can say that each new version is not a 12 month top up.

but you should get it because soon enough i wouldn't be surprised to see the earlier publications dissapear from newer versions...

oz

• processor
    processor

if you get the 2004 Watchtower Library CD, it will contain everything that the prior CD has, plus 1 years extra?

Yes. AFAIK nothing which has been on older CDs is omitted from the newer ones, except publications that have been revised. So, the old CDs contained the original Revelation book, and the newer CDs have the revised Relevation book. But apart from that:

1993 CD: Watchtowers 1950 - 1993, everything else 1970 - 1993

2011 CD: Watchtowers 1950 - 2011, everything else 1970 - 2011

• peggaloon
    peggaloon

Thanks for that.

I thought that maybe the CD's would be getting full?

My JW friend today told me he thought they were just 'update' cd's (although he is not very computer literate)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I thought that maybe the CD's would be getting full?

The content of the Watchtower Library CD is less than 400MB. A CD holds up to 700MB. Text is highly compressible; even uncompressed, 300MB is a lot of text. There isn't much risk of future discs filling up too soon. If space becomes an issue, a DVD holds about 4.7GB per layer.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They are only about half full, so there is no need to drop publications.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Plenty of space left for upgraded 'current light'.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

So plenty of space but no Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures? I wonder what their rationale is for leaving that book out.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

so how do you purchase thesE CDs?

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

The versions of the CD-ROM are not simply additions of new publications. They also change 'old light' into 'new light' sometimes as well.

For example, in a printed version of a 1980's magazine or book, you may find the phrase such as "Armageddon will occur within the 20th Century". Early CDs may contain this but later CDs may be changed to "Armageddon will happen soon" since it was clearly incorrect.

It is simple changes, just a few words here and there. They don't change or remove huge articles as this would be too obvious to Witnesses using it.

By changing little things, JWs think that it is an exact copy of what was originally printed and forget what was really in print.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit