latest JW chain email

by fade_away 10 Replies latest jw friends

• fade_away
    fade_away

I got this e-mail from my family members (along with some heavy preaching and guilt trips).....It always baffles me how gullible they are and it's sad to see them stumble around in the dark bumping into each other. According to some wishful thinking JWs, "Babylon the Great's end is coming soon".... September 2012 to be exact. Yes that's right....another prophecy. But it isn't coming from the WT. It's just a few over zealous JWs who are tired of waiting for the end to come...so, they make up their own expectations of future events.

Apparently, a protest is going on in Ireland where a handful of people want to bring the Roman Catholic church to justice for a long history of crime against humanity including rape, torture, and child molestation. I'm thinking "this isn't news, people have been protesting the catholic church and just religion in general for as long as I could remember." But some JWs refuse to look at that fact and prefer to pretend this is the first time it's happening...therefore, the end of false religion is coming SOON!! I personally would love to see the end of all religion including JWs, but I don't get all delusional and send pathetic e-mails of old news that I twist to fit my beliefs.

Anyway, here is the link they sent me via e-mail titled "The end of Babylon the Great....SOON?"

http://salem-news.com/articles/may042012/catholic-changes-ka.php?utm_sou

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have gotten an email like that in the late 1990's.

• fade_away
    fade_away

I thought "first of all, whatever happened to the UN and the world's government bringing religion down? Why do they now think a handful of protestors with no affiliation to any government will bring down the titan religion?" Is it new light? Well it can't be cause the WT is silent about this news article. What a waste of time and energy for my family to get so worked up over this news article that isn't original or unique in any way.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

They will say anything to bring fear to the weak dubbies.

• blondie
    blondie

Their ignorance of the child sexual abuse in the WTS and how it has been and is still being swept under the rug, hidden from the rank and file contributes to this fantasy they have.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS taught that Babylon would sit as a queen, a beautiful vase on a pedestal, that would instantly be pushed off without advance knowledge.

Jesus said that the end would come at a time you thought not.

*** w66 11/15 pp. 696-697 The Doom of False Religion ***But remember that Jehovah told the religious leaders of Jerusalem that they would fall like a desirablevessel, a valued vase. (Jer. 25:34; 19:11) And he decreed that Babylon, the beauty of the Chaldeans, would go into desolation. (Isa. 13:19) Neither should the antiquity of a religion nor its seeming security and firm position with the elements of this world be looked upon as something in which to put your trust and confidence. This fact also was pictured by Babylon of old. God’s decree brought her down in one night, finally to go into complete decay and desolation. So he has decreed regarding Babylon the Great.

(Matthew 24:44) . . .On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

(Luke 12:40) . . .YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

The WTS always covers its a** by having 2 contradictory teachings.

While they teach BTG has fallen and the waters are drying up (don't hear that too much lately), they also teach that BTG will go down quickly as a going concern, as a queen, like a vase that is suddenly knocked off a pedestal. Notice that this reasoning was given in 1974 when BTG was not disintegrating at the speed some JWs thought since 1975 was just around the corner.

*** w74 1/15 p.54?

But what does Jeremiah 25:34, 35 say about this? Concerning what will happen to Christendom?s leaders just as concerning what was to befall the Jewish leaders shortly after Jerusalem?s fall in 607 B.C.E., it says: "Howl, you shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, you majestic ones of the flock, because your days for slaughtering and for your scatterings have been fulfilled, and you must fall like a desirable vessel!"

So it is not a slow fading away by loss of members that brings the end of Christendom?s false religions and their clergy. Instead, just as a beautiful vase, a "desirable vessel," suddenly falls from its pedestal, to the dismay of its onlookers, so the clergy and their false religion have a sudden, surprising crash to destruction.

Also, as to the swiftness of the fall of Babylon the Great, what does Revelation chapter 18, verse 10, say? "They [the mourners, including many commercial men] stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ?Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because inonehour your judgment has arrived!?" And then, in verse 21, it continues: "And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: ?Thus with a swiftpitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.?" Appreciation of this fact can protect us against any inclination to ?put off? the day of Jehovah simply because Babylonish religion still exercises considerable influence in some areas.

(Luke 12:40) . . .YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

The WTS always covers its a** by having 2 contradictory teachings.

While they teach BTG has fallen and the waters are drying up (don't hear that too much lately), they also teach that BTG will go down quickly as a going concern, as a queen, like a vase that is suddenly knocked off a pedestal. Notice that this reasoning was given in 1974 when BTG was not disintegrating at the speed some JWs thought since 1975 was just around the corner.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, Armageddon is going to start in Ireland by September? Mark your calendar!

• fade_away
    fade_away

Lol! Yup. Armageddon wil now be in Ireland and not in Megiddo like the Bible says. It's new light!

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

In Greece the 'government' (if there occurs any after the coming elections) will have to stop paying the salaries of clerics. Also if that government is Left (read communist) they will TAX religion.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!!! That happened after 9/11 and before 2012. For a little fun tell them that "email must be from apostates, because WTBTS says the UN will turn against organized religion first"- ______Who sent that to you? You need to turn them in!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit