I actually loved field service

by gubberningbody 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    "I live somewhere in town, but I was kindof wondering what the people 'round here thought of X. What are your thoughts?"

The 'presentations' in Our Kingdom Ministry often suggest that the JW ask the 'householder' what they think and then say to allow for a response. And then, the 'householder's' response is to be summarily ignored, so the JW can proceed with the 'presentation' in order to offer JW literature. It's really really stupid.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

gubberingbody and Nambo, I was just like you guys. I regular pioneered for 15 years and enjoyed every minutes. I virtually covered a half of the territories all by myself. It wasn't unusual for me to go out FS 7days a week. By the March of every service year I would have my entire required pioneer time in. I would even dreamed about engaging in FS while on vacation. I earned the nickname, 'Service Nazi'

I truely believed I was engaging in life saving work.

I wonder 3 of us got together to go out FS to warn people from falling into dangerous cult.(It will be fun)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My favorite was when no one showed up. Or, we would drive across town to a house out of the territory, get stuck at every red light, drive right by the street, and the person was not home and that was my field circus for the month. I also liked fogging up the windows in the car during rain, keeping my big mouth shut while watching them drive right by their target, and when we finished a whole side and not one person was home.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I did not enjoy service at all. I always felt like I was imposing on people. The territory was so overworked that some houses were getting visits once a week. I was out in a very Italian/Catholic territory so most people were not happy to see us. Service also cost me a lot of money because the drivers would expect gas money and with the constant coffee breaks things got very expensive.

• Diest
    Diest

Well gubberningbody I have a wonderful business oppertuinity for you. Its an MLM(Multi-Level Marketing) It requires you to go around preaching about the product and getting people to sign up dispite their objections.

• Glander
    Glander

We lived in a medium sized town surrounded by agriculture. The 'rural' territory maps were always in high demand by the smart JWs that knew you could knock off 2 or 3 hours of FS time and only get out of the car twice if you had a carload of fellow publishers taking turns. Meanwhile you could set in the the car and gossip, tell jokes and generally rack up time.

The suburban tract territories were unpleasant and you could always count on a door or two slammed in your face out of the dozen or so people you woke up on a Saturday morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit