Long lost brother...

by TimeBandit 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

My younger brother quit the family pretty much when he was 16. That's when he left all the jw crap behind. Boy, I wish I had turned and left with him! Over the years I've seen him on and off. There have been stretches where I haven't seen or heard from him for years at a time. The last time I saw him face to face was in 1999.

So about a year ago he sought me out on facebook and we connected again. Previously he had told me one of the last times I talked to him on the phone that I'd have to be happy re-living my memories of him because I'd probably never hear from him again. That made me sad. I was still a jw at the time.

Now, after finding out that I have left the jws, he has become my best friend. We are very close now, and that makes me happy.

I used to be cut to the quick about my parents disowning me and all, but I have gained a lot of family since leaving the jws. Family that previously I never liked, or even really knew. Now me and that family have grown very close, celebrating Birthdays, Christmas, and LIFE together. I have lost a lot leaving the jws, but I've gained so much more...

Chris-

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Glad to hear it! Thevsame thing happened with my brother and me when he finally left the cult. It took 18 years, but he's out for good now!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

WOW. That is so cool. I can only dream about such things.

Cheers

Chris

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Good for you Chris! Your brother sounds like a very cool guy. Your story reminded me so much of my own experience with my brother. It was one of my first 'personal' posts on the forum over 10 years ago

Me and my brother.

I hope you read it, there's no bond quite like that between two brothers.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

That's so great. So happy for you

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I love happy endings.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I know families with disfellowshipped members, and would never have believed such dreadful things could happen within a family.

It is an evil religion that divides brothers and sisters.

Religion. Cult.

• flipper
    flipper

TIME bANDIT- I'm so happy for you guy that you've re-gained your brother and are close to him ! Right on ! Being close around family and friends that love us is how holidays are supposed to be. I'm glad you're enjoying them. Very cool. I enjoy them too with my ex-jW and non-JW relatives

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • talesin
    talesin

Chris, that is so good to hear. To have my brother actually be a brother, would be a dream come true. No one understands us like our siblings, no one else can ever understand those shared experiences of our childhood, and you truly have a gift in him, that is to be treasured.

xo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit