Gospel of Barnabas (bible) discovery will.....collapse? Christianity

by Terry 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/iran-discovery-will-collapse-christianity/

An interesting study in mind fantasy and eager absolute belief!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The power of belief, indeed.

There was any number of writings produced during the 1st and 2nd centuries, but I cannot see the Gospel of Barnabas listed among them.

The dominant sector of the 4th century Church decided which writings it agreed with (aided by the Roman Emperors) and their actions determined orthodoxy. They made mistakes with their selections, incorrectly ascribing several texts to Paul, and taking in 2nd century creative writings such as Luke-Acts.

Following Paul's death, the first Gospel written was by his friend Mark (not Jesus' disciple). This was followed by one of the opposite camp, Matthew. It is thought that Matthew's gospel was placed first since it provides the best bridge from the Hebrew texts to those of Jesus' followers. Paul's followers triumphed and his Christian religion became the orthodox model.

Doug

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gee, isn't their nàivité just so cute!!

• glenster
    glenster

Khamenei said: “In light of the realization of the divine promise by almighty
    Allah, the Zionists and the Great Satan (America) will soon be defeated. Allah’s
    promise will be delivered and Islam will be victorious.”

This could be something in The Dictator except it wouldn't be considered
    commonly known enough to merit inclusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnabas

• mP
    mP

why worry about the gospel of barnabas. there are over a hundred gospeks already discovered that nobody talks about. amazingly nobody mentions what exactly the dead sea scrolls say. wonder why..

• designs
    designs

People LOVE their Jesus on a Dashboard. They'll go down fighting, scratching and kicking.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think right-hand path religion will pretty much bring itself down. Their collection plates are all returning empty after being passed around. Once you pxxx off enough people by hiding pedophiles in your religion, they will start researching. And, when people realize your religion is responsible for major slavery (which is even worse than the pedophiles), those collection plates should be returning empty--if they return at all. Meanwhile, people will start boycotting them, and the bills are coming in big. Black slavery is the result of those religions going into Africa to sell black people as slaves, usually resulting in many of them dying and the others being abused and suffering from a climate they cannot adapt to.

Not to mention, I hope their persistent homophobia and denigration of women, and their lousy attitude toward sex, all help bring them down. That, not just a few more Gospels, is what is ultimately going to bring down Christi-SCAM-ity. The new Gospels, if the Christians can't somehow misdate them, will only speed the process up a little. I might also add that Jews and Muslims are not exempt from this--if they are exposed for helping the African slave trade, the pedophile problems therein, and they pxxx off too many people with homophobia and sexism, they too are seeing their collection plates and contribution boxes returning empty. And, you can't run a church for very long on empty collection plates and contribution boxes.

• Terry
    Terry

Let's face it, people inside of an Absolute are immune to anything reasonable.

• mP
    mP

@WtWizard

Most slaves from Africa went across to Brazil, where the climate is the very much similar given the same lattitude. I believe i read somwhere that for every slave that went to America, ten times more went to Brazil.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

bookmarking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit