It never ceases to amaze me JW`s come to your door uninvited to tell you the "TRUTH " yet they can`t handle the "TRUTH" when somebody challenges them .

by smiddy 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t that a bit ironic ? We have the truth they say , but challenge them about what they say and what has been printed in their journals , and their is excuses, apologies etc.etc. to rationalise their current beleif.Spin spin spin,They are, if not worse than politicians, then they are equally as bad. Shame on them

smiddy

• designs
    designs

We were always told not to accept 'literature' from householders, remember

Someday the trama will subside from those years...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They do not have the truth. I wonder if anyone actually became a witless by doing in-depth cross-referencing on all sides of religion and coming to the conclusion that the witlesses are the only ones that have the truth.

• Ding
    Ding

To a JW "the truth" means the WT religion and its current teachings -- no more, no less. Whether it's really true or not is irrelevant.

The phrase is a surprisingly effective thought-stopping device. Once you equate the WT religion with "truth" then everything else must be false -- no further thinking needed or allowed.

A lot of XJWs still use the phrase, even when they know better: "I was in the truth 23 years... How long were you in the truth?"

The WT phrase "present truth" is an even more bizarre thought stopping device. What it means is "present UNDERSTANDING -- the current teaching of the GB, which is always subject to change when they get 'new light.'" Of course, if what's currently taught is actually wrong, then it's not truth at all, but JWs are strongly dissuaded from thinking that deeply. When it comes out of Bethel, it's "the truth" until further notice...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's an interesting irony

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Confront anyone who knows they're lying and watch them squirm.

The witlesses are no different.

And if they don’t think they’re lying, presenting an irrefutable truth makes their brain overheat, or shut off, because they haven't had to use it in quite some time, and for some their mind has atrophied to the point of no return while others are only slightly broken; this is why they can’t handle real truth.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Smiddy - The title of your post says it all, I've said that for many years.

A friend of my mothers sent me a mag or a book or something, so I sent her either something from this website or another Ex Dub website and she sent me a note saying she can't read it because of it being apostate material or whatever. . . well how the Hell does she know what it said if she didn't read it?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The tragic irony is that people searching for meaning in their lives get recruited into a publishing (and/or real estate) corporation that uses mind-control techniques to stop their quest for learning and replace it with thankless servitude.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

We were always told not to accept 'literature' from householders, remember

It might seem ironic but it can work wonders.

The first time I ever wondered about the religion, I was about 5 or 6 years old. I was a born-in.

A pioneer was forcing me to do the doors and a lady took the magazines off me (paid for back then) and came back with the money and some brochure or flyer from her religion. I have no idea what religion she was.

The pioneer stepped in to stop me taking the item and the WatchTower and Awake were handed back.

It was the first time I ever realised it was one-sided. Remember, I was only about 5 or 6 years old.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well dubs go to the door, to tell people like it isn't. How dare the householder, the owner of the porch they are standing in, dare challenge their feeble little opinon that's backed by a rag mag full of lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit