to all those who pretend to be jw's...

by londonlady 19 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

I do in the style of "dory" from finding nemo...

"just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Irondork,

I use to comment often, but durin' a shepherdin' call

they even brought up they fact that they notice

me not makin' any comments anymore

by then my attendance had became spotty

and reports #'s dropped

I didn't have nothin' else to contribute, knowin'

that these butt heads, prefered my daughter

on welfare than have a college education

I didn't tell them what my reasons were during that call

I just showed them wit action, I broke away

Now, when the JW's stop by, IT'S ON

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@londonlady: As someone who is still "in" physically, it's very difficult...you go through the notions, knowing that what you're hearing is not true. With regards to feild service, last month I didn't go, but still reported average hours (since I'm an MS)...thankfully, I've don't have any bible studies nor do I go on return visits.

To let them think you're still genuine...so say typical stuff like "the end is so near", "you won't find any other organization like this" and everyone will think you're spiritual.

When you have hardcore family members who are JW's..it can be hard

Kool Jo

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron put on a good show for many years - he even had me convinced that he wanted to be a dub. Really though, I thought I wanted him to want to be a dub, so I just overlooked all the clues that he wasn't really into it. He faked it all that time just to keep his family together. I wish I hadn't been so stupid, we could have had so much more fun if we had dumped the dubs way back then.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Fakin' hours in field service !!!!

And just think, the WTS record all those fields service hours as a "FACT"

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So many JWs go through the motions that it's difficult to tell which ones really believe and which ones are only there because the consequences of leaving are more than they can bear.

For me, I rarely go out in service (although turn in a regular report), go with my wife to meetings (but miss as many as I can), comment about once every 4-5 months and give about 4 talks a year (2 of them bible readings).

No elder has ever questioned me.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Seems to me the love Jehovah is gettin' from the sheep is luke warm to cold

but what can one expect out of " FORCED " servitude

You have to ask, does Jehovah want service that's given freely out of love ???? or out of force ????

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I can't tell you how, I just do.

However I must say it's definitely a talent I've honed over the years.

And it never is or gets any easier because just when you think it can't get any worse or they can't possibly get any dumber, BAM!

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I feel very sorry for them.

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Everyone in the org sense the elephant in the room. If you discuss it, they will agree, and say your "being real". You just can't go too far... And parrot WT lingo. Very easy.

Needful to say, I only could do it for a few weeks. Then quit suddenly. No BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit