Sleep Paralysis

by NewChapter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I had sleep paralysis,especially as a teen. And it's true,I heard that buzzing noise before each episode. It would mainly happen when I was really exhausted. It felt like a dream within a dream. I'd think I'd be awake,then experience some pretty weird stuff,then really wake-up.

At the time,I did think I was having problems with the demons. It was scary and I hardly slept at all during that time. As you all mentioned,you want to scream,but nothing comes out. I would pray in my head,and it would go away. That's why I especially thought it was the demons. But,praying probably helped me relax,and I was in the process of waking up,anyway.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I have experienced this sleep paralysis. It is scary. I know we go through different stages during sleep. The paralysis may be a protection from sleep walking, I don't know. I never attibuted the event to demons. I hate it when it happens. I also used to grind my teeth. My dentist said it was because of stress. Now why would anyone who is shunned by everyone they have ever known as family or friends have any stress? Anyway, I don't think I have had this feeling in a long time.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You know, posting all this really makes me wonder why I never attributed this to demons. I really should have, and I would have received the full support of those around me. For that matter, it would have touched off a demon orgy where everyone would have shared their experiences with the demunz.

I did not have a touchy demon trigger, and used to roll my eyes a bit at most of the demon stories that were relayed in hushed and urgent tones. But I was not completely unsuspetible. I did believe that demons were bothering me during a fundamentalist christian funeral talk. I even took out my bible and started reading while blocking out the preacher. So it was there, and would have been a logical leap for me. Could it mean that on some deep level I always knew it was all bullshit? I like to think so, but who knows?

But something very funny just occured to me. I have shared my sleep paralysis experiences with JW's. I explained the concept to them. Nobody ever said anything, but there is a very good possiblity that some of them concluded that I was being harrassed by demons. LOL And now that I have been lost, some of them may call those stories to mind and share it with others---and the proof that is was demunz is that I fell away.

I wish there WERE demons, so they could eavesdrop on these conversations for me! Then we could have a great laugh about it and sacrifice smurfs.

Does anyone else find it amusing that satan openly communicates with JW's more than their god does?

NC

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sleep paralysis is very frightening. Been a very long time since I've experienced it. Remember being awake, and not being able to get up, while at the same time experiencing labored breathing. Would try unsuccessfully to force myself to get up at the count of 3. Hope I never have it again.

TJ

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I experienced them a couple of times, but after a while I snapped out of it by telling myself I was just dreaming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit