by Dogpatch 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Chapter two of Visions of Glory is now up at:
    http://www.exjws.net/vg2.htm
    Randy

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

Loved reading this. So insightful and she knows things about the Society's early days that I have never heard of before. Thank you for posting it.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Thanks, Randy!

I've been trying to get her book, but used prices are running as high as $150 <gulp>! I'm really happy to be able to read it online!

And the timing is fantastic! I've been trying to find more information about Russell's alleged "jellyfish" statement. I recently sent Tallyman a scan I made of the 1906 Washington Post "Rev. Jellyfish Russell" article. I posted as much information as I could find about this in the Jellyfish thread yesterday, but I was hoping to find out some more.

And then I got your email about chapter two of Barbara's book being available online! Wow!

Thanks again,
    Marjorie

• VM44
    VM44

I checked at www.alibris.com to see if a used copy of "Visions of
    Glory" was available.

It is, but at a price of $212.
    Too steep for me!

It also looks like there may have been an abridged edition of the
    book published in London. I would prefer to get an unabridged
    edition! Don't want to miss anything!

Thanks to Barbara Harrison for giving permission for the
    book to be put on the net.

--VM44

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I have three copies of the abridged edition, brand new, for $58 each.
    http://www.freeminds.org/sales/otherwt.htm

Watchtower Store
    http://www.freeminds.org/sales/menuframes.htm

Randy

• terafera
    terafera

Randy,

Thank you for kindly posting the chapters. I am enjoying them and greatly appreciate the work and thoughtfullness to post them.

Again, thank you.

~Tera

• proplog2
    proplog2

Too bad Ray Franz doesn't write a book especially for free publication on the internet. He could set up a method for people to give voluntary contributions for the service.

• VM44
    VM44

I wonder what sections were left out in the "abridged" version of the book, and what was the reason for leaving them out.

--VM44

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks Randy

I've read parts of her book on your site when first leaving the jw's. Enjoyed it a lot. We've had several discussions about her and her book here - always interesting as men have a peculiar way of looking at things. I'm a woman, I can say that.

Dear Proplog,

Please feel free to write your own book, saaaaaaaaaay 400 pages long, and publish it free on the web for all exiting jehovah's witnesses to read. It would be helpful, as you say. Of course, I hope you have enough money set aside to write this endeavor, as it'll probably take a couple of years.

Maybe people would help you by contributions after the book is on the internet.....help you recoup all your expenses for those years of working for free, and the expense of putting it on the net. Of course, if it's not done as well as Franz's books, you might not receive any "donations." Always a chancy proposition.

Barbara Harrison's book, when originally published, wasn't free either. Neither was the Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses. But they were good also.

Any author is worth paying for his lost income, his knowledge, and his ability - if we want his book. If we don't? We just don't buy.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Ok, Randy,

I followed your clicks - but when I clicked on books - got nothing but page saying books were available.

Under what category would "Visions of Glory" be listed?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit