Good family news

by GeneM 10 Replies latest jw friends

• GeneM
    GeneM

My little brother (age 19) just got DF'ed and is likely going to come live with me. The entire family (who are all still devout) know that if he decides to do that, he is never coming back since I DA'ed years ago and will set him straight.

My only concern is that he may appeal it to keep from losing the family... He only stayed the night at her house twice got to second base. I guess they must have DF'ed him bacause he was unrepentant... because he wasn't. They even asked him if he was afraid of the punnishment he might get for it and he said no. LOL

Ever hear of that? I didn't think they'd DF for 2nd base. I hope the appeal fails...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Unless he's prepared to humiliate himself with begging, tears, and answering tons of personal questions, the appeal committee won't change the initial decision. And if he spent the night at her house twice, that's as bad as 16 hours of full frontal fornication. WT is all about appearances and devoid of substance.

Good Luck to both of you!

• GeneM
    GeneM

I told him that all they care about is groveling, waterworks and humiliation. I could turn that shit on like a light switch after living the double life (taught me to be quite the actor) but he doesnt want to. I think he wants to be out because he can use that as an excuse to live with me where he will have near total freedom. Thats all 19 year olds really want anyway. When he told me that the girl was 16 i nearly died of a heart attack but apparently the age of consent is lower in ohio and he was never in any real prison danger.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi GeneM, I hope that you can help your brother to realize that the WTBTS doesn't care about him and to stay away from underage (and near underage) girls. Living a lie as a JW is bad, but being labeled a child molester is worse.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• nugget
    nugget

Committees have little interest in what did happen only what could have happened . Besides they are of the opinion that two people of the opposite sex left alone together will always commit fornication regardless of age so by staying over twice they probably are convinced he did.

I would discern how your brother feels and whether he is considering returning for family. It is a big thing to be rejected by those you love especially at so young an age. Whilst it would be great if he could wake up to the madness and appreciate that this is bad religion that should have no part in his life he may not be ready for that yet. There are a lot of young ones who go for family and do not truly believe it.

Might be good for him to get some distance from his 16 year old love interest as well.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    When he told me that the girl was 16 i nearly died of a heart attack but apparently the age of consent is lower in ohio and he was never in any real prison danger.

That is correct, and trust me, having raised a teenage boy in Ohio, I thoroughly investigated the law. If you live in a different state, please check the laws there, so your brother will know what is and isn't legal.

Check your private messages, and I'll let you know where I live. Maybe your brother is close by.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"16 hours of full frontal fornication."

Billy the Ex never fails to bring a smile to my face.

om

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"Ever hear of that? I didn't think they'd DF for 2nd base"

Yeah. It's called brazen conduct. Anything that 3 elders agree upon can fit into that category

• GeneM
    GeneM

Outsmart I forgot all about the brazen conduct clause. The fact that he is activily considering moving 1000 miles away with is DA brother should have the entire family on high alert.

• wasblind
    wasblind

lets talk fractions,

second base is only a fraction of what it takes to make a home run

The WTS says in the Reasoning from the Scriptures book on page 71

" whole blood is equivalent to idolitry and fornication," and yet Witness are

allowed to do fractions of this fornicating fluid

what has your brother done that the WTS hasn't already allowed ??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit