shouldn't this say "Has Jehovah given new light"

by therevealer 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

Why is it "Has the Governing Body changed its mind"??? first they replaced Jesus and now even Jehovah plays second fiddle.

"Has the Governing Body changed its mind about the closeness of the great tribulation? " asked Brother Pierce. "Not at all," he answered." If the great tribulation interrupts our plans, that will be wonderful, absolutely wonderful!"

Apparently the great tribulation will come when they set their minds to it and yet it could interrupt their plans. Strange indeed!!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Good catch.

• baltar447
    baltar447

They are so full of hubris it's sickening. They really HAVE replaced God & Jesus for the rank and file...

• Magi
    Magi

Where and when was this said?

• therevealer
    therevealer

in the latest wt study edition. There was an article on the 2011 annual meeting.

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=nBZR

there are a couple other threads on the mag cuz of some other bat shit crazy stuff, but I thought this was worth its own thread.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their message has gone from "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise" to "Sell, Build, Sell, Build, Sell, Build"

• Magi
    Magi

Ahh, thanks for the link. I like how he says they don't know what god has planned for Warwick. wtf? Did god buy the property himself and hand it over to them? Did they use a ouija board to ask god where the headquarters should be next? They even admit they don't know what they're doing.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes indeed. And what happened to the rant they used ad nauseum "*** w11 4/15 p. 16 par. 12 Make Decisions That Honor God ***
    Before you make a decision, "calculate the expense." (Luke 14:28) Consider the potential impact that your decision will have not only on your financial health but also on your spiritual well-being.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

All they know right now is their desire to get out of the big city.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I like how he says "interrupts OUR plans"....leaves God out of the mix entirely. I guess maybe they figured that the Witnesses basically automatically promote God as actively supporting ALL of it that there isn't even a need to mention him. They do an automatic mind switch anyway. I'm sure they believe that too...SMH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit