2012 DC starts today

by obarac 15 Replies latest jw friends

• obarac
    obarac

First 4 DC starts today.

Hopefully somone will inform us about new releases.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

**ABSENT**

• baltar447
    baltar447

Can't imagine anything "exciting" from a dub perspective.

It's the latest pile of manure and they will smile, sniff, and eat it up just like the chocolate puddings of yonder years' Conventions.

They had a chance with the "toes" debaucle last year and completely lost their nerve. They are a bunch of yes men wandering without direction, attorneys and accountants rule the roost now it seems.

• St George of England
    St George of England

They actually started a couple of weeks ago in NY but this week includes Wisconsin which was uploaded last year.

George

• I quit!
    I quit!

I'm looking forward to not attending.

• Gayle
    Gayle

sure has been 'quiet' about any releases then. Nothing exciting evidently?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

YAY, I may be getting to go stag again this year!

That means I can head out like I'm going, but then just skip it and go shopping, see a movie or whatever.

I'm hoping that if anyone who can't get out of going, and has to suffer through the BS, can be nice enough to tell the rest of us about the new releases (and the talks that go along with them); this way those of us fortunate enough to play hooky only have to show up and get "personal copies" making everyone else believe we actually went.

Come on please help a sister out.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    They actually started a couple of weeks ago in NY

Actually, I think you might be mistaken about that. They start this week ... Wisconsin's is next week.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, the one I'm going to isn't until late July, so...won't be of much help there. I reckon someone else will have attended long before I do. If I can avoid wearing any controversial lapel badges while in attendance, I may be able to acquire a copy of the new publication. My goatee, however, may prevent that as it would identify me at best as a visitor and at worst as an unrepentant sinner. Well, maybe the Mrs. can pick up an extra one for me...I really need to find a way to keep one ear in reality, that's for sure.

Looking forward to Brother High-pitched Voice saying, "The Spiritual Mother, God's organization, has set the table for us. Let us gratefully eat what she has provided."

--sd-7

• factfinder
    factfinder

I hope we do hear soon what the new releases are.

But I don't think there will be anything that exciting.

My guess for Saturday is a new version of the Bible Stories book with updated illustrations or a brochure designed for very young children.

I don't think there will be a new dvd this year.

There could be a new brochure on Friday.

Of course a revised Reasoning book would be a surprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit