Online version of "Reasoning from the Scriptures" has deleted preaching reference to Muslims

by jwleaks 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

The online version of "Reasoning from the Scriptures" has deleted the entry under "Conversation Stoppers" for when someone says "I'm a Muslim".

ONLINE Reasoning book

For the record, this is what has been removed:

*** rs pp. 23-24 How You Might Respond to Potential Conversation Stoppers ***

WHEN SOMEONE SAYS, ‘I’M A MUSLIM’

● A few points to have in mind are these: (1) The Koran is their principal “holy book.” Some will agree that the Bible is God’s Word, but they believe that it is superseded by the Koran. (2) They believe that there is only one true God. (3) They say that Jesus was one of the prophets, as was Muhammad, and that Muhammad (570-632 C.E.) was the Comforter foretold by Jesus. They believe Muhammad was the last and most important prophet. (4) They strongly believe that God has no son.

A common ground can sometimes be established in the following ways: (1) You might say: ‘I have come to discuss the Word of God with you. It tells about the problems of life that people like you and me experience and it shows us what the real solution is.’ Then discuss the Kingdom. (2) You could say: ‘I do not believe in Christendom’s Trinity. I worship the one true God, the Creator of heaven and earth.’ (3) ‘Am I right that you believe that Jesus (or Moses) was a prophet? . . . Was he a true prophet? . . . Then what he said was from God and if other teachings do not agree with it, they must be from another source, is that not so?’ Then use statements made by Jesus (or Moses) as a basis for further discussion.

If they make strong assertions concerning their beliefs, it can be beneficial to ask them, tactfully, to show you the point in the Koran, sura (chapter) and verse. (Wait while they search for it.) When they are unable to find it, some give evidence of greater willingness to listen to what you show them in the Bible.

Possible topics for discussion: (1) After laying a foundation, as above, you may be able to point out what God said to Moses about His personal name. (Ex. 3:15; Deut. 6:4, 5) (2) Material in this book under the main headings “Fate” and “Suffering” can be used to help some to see that God is not responsible for the injustice and suffering they experience and that lasting relief will come by means of God’s Kingdom. (3) If you are asked about your view regarding the Comforter, you can point out how Jesus spoke of it, showing that it is not a person and that it would remind his disciples of all the things that Jesus had taught them, rather than introduce a new religion. (John 14:26, KJ, NW; Acts 1:8) (4) If the objection is raised that God cannot have a Son, you might endeavor to reason on the matter. God’s having a Son does not mean that he had sexual relations with a wife. But God is the Creator. Since he gives life to those that he creates, can he not refer to himself as their Father? He speaks of his very first creation as his Son. He calls the angels sons of God, and he refers to Adam as his son. Why? Because he gave them life. How did Mary conceive Jesus? Not by sexual relations with God but, as the Bible says, it was by means of holy spirit, the same active force that God used in creation.—Matt. 3:17; 16:16, 17; Luke 1:35.

The booklet The Time for True Submission to God can be a real aid to sincere Muslims in understanding God’s purpose.

• menrov
    menrov
    I can only guess why but likely their "knowledge" about the Islam and what Muslims believe is not really correct and there is some serious concerns about possible reactions. Or, as in most Muslim countries, it is not allowed to preach to Muslims.
    All in all I feel it has to do with possible fear.
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Since there is a death penalty for a Moslem leaving Islam and becoming Christian, and there have been attacks on JWs, it is no wonder. In Moslem countries where JWs are allowed to work, they preach to members of other Christian denominations. If a Moslem should be interested, the solution is to travel to Lebanon, as conditions are more relaxed there and they can be baptised as JWs there.
  • 88JM
    88JM

I'm guessing it's also to do with them wanting JW.org to not get banned in certain countries with internet censorship that also happen to be Muslim countries. Some of what is said there could be deemed "blasphemous" and/or "apostate" which are capital offences in some countries.

I'm guessing the first thing any Muslim country is going to do in deciding whether to ban a website is do a search for references to "the Koran" and "Muhammad". The text there would be a major red flag.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Or, as in most Muslim countries, it is not allowed to preach to Muslims.

I know for a fact that in Malaysia, the JWs do not make any attempt to witness to Muslims. One Malaysian JW once explained to us that all it would take was just one instance of a JW attempting to witness to a Muslim, and the Witnesses would be banned in that country.

Talk about "fearlessly preaching the word" and "giving a through witness"!

Bill.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    Nice Catch
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Cowards! GB2/jw.org haven't got the balls the old organisation bequeathed them.

Rest in pieces Watchtower...
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Being so visible in nyc they must be concerned that even yhwh won't protect them from retribution from the real fastest growing religion in the world If they insult the prophet Muhammed!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

What do Jehovah's Witnesses teach about Islam?

The fear of man will probably cause the JW's to never reprint this article that originally appeared in the Watchtower magazine:

Examining Islamic Teachings - ISLAM'S "JIHAD'S"

In the light of the record made by history, nothing could be more fantastic than to claim that Islam believes only in defensive warfare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit