Who REALLY believed in the idea of living forever on earth??

by stuckinarut2 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

If Cofty is brave enough to admit he too was deceived, why can't everyone else who claims to sat through those horrible C/As, D/As and Meetings for Decades!

• +2 / -0
    • cofty
      coftya day ago

Yes.

Why would anybody sit through a meeting or knock doors if they didn't actually believe it?

Flag Dislike Like+3 /
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Yes - I believed in Paradise and the idea that I could live forever........................How bloody embarrassing!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh yes, I believed it. That was the draw. That was the hook. It was even the title of the book I studied: "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth"!!!

I was 20 years old when the JWs got me. I was in a terrible state at the time. They got me good, I bought the whole enchilada for the next 30 years. I'm over 50 now and my whole youth, my whole adult life and learning and experiences were taken from me. I knew only their agenda, which I believed with my whole f*cking heart, soul, mind, and strength -- you know how they drill that into you, to the nth degree! - They are very good with the "tenths of the mint and the dill and the cumin"!! And I taught it to my kids, to my sweet dear little children. (One of our boys is an alcoholic, another one is very .... well, they're working on things but I can see they have few coping skills for life.... But thank gawd nobody in our family has stayed in this f'ing religion! We are all out!)

I hate this religion, this cult, I hate their smugness, their arrogance, their pompous hypocritical lying faces... I read Crisis of Conscience with tears pouring down my face.... Such a betrayal.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    I did ! I still would love to live forever in a perfect world with a perfect body. But I know it was just a dream. It's a very hard day when you realize that you were duped by this cult and you will die just like everyone else has.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

I did, or at least I wanted to believe!

I still like the idea, just not in any universe with Jehovah in it.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I still do, maybe living someway in the body of my kids, or maybe

in the body of a new born somewhere in this world. Not reincarnation but

something from body that leaves when I die. Make sense??

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    “I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying." - Woody Allen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit