untitled

by Perry 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    Does it tell us new things about the process of fossilisation? Can we recover DNA and if so what can that tell us about dinosaurs? Were they in fact cold blooded or not? What does their genes tell us about their relationships to modern living creatures such as birds? If dino DNA can be preserved what about hominoid fossils? The potential for discovery is fantastic.

Cofty,

You seem like a reasonable person. Those are all good questions. However, the question of age in stinking rotting tissues from "millions of years" old animals is also a good question in my opinion. The problem is that many scientists do not ask questions that might put them crosswise with their funders. They are not bad people for doing that, they are just people.

Note this example:

The tobacco industry set up numerous "front companies" to do certain tasks, one of which was to fund scientific studies that did not look for a relationship between tobacco and lung cancer. They spent scores of millions of dollars funding these studies.

"Since 1954, one of CTR's [Council for Tobacco Research - U.S.A., Inc.] principal activities has been to fund scientific research by independent scientists through its grant-in-aid program, under the supervision of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) supplemented on occasion by research contracts. CTR itself has not conducted any scientific research. Through this research program, from 1954 through 1996 CTR has provided approximately $282 million to fund over 1,500 research projects by approximately 1,100 independent scientists.

The researchers who have received CTR grant funding have been affiliated with approximately 300 medical schools, universities, hospitals and other research institutions, including such prestigious institutions as Harvard Medical School, Yale School of Medicine, Stanford University, numerous institutions in the University of California system, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, the University of Chicago Medical Center, the Scripps Research Institute, the Mayo Clinic and the Salk Institute. The researchers who have received this funding have not been employees of the tobacco companies or CTR. CTR's grantees have included many distinguished scientists, three of whom have won Nobel Prizes." http://www.rkmc.com/tobacco.order91097.asp

Now explain something to me. If a group of high school students with a phone book can scientifically prove there is a relationship between tobacco and lung cancer, emphysema, etc., how is it possible that 1,500 research projects, done over a period of 42 years, by researchers at 300 prestigious medical schools, etc. had not been able to find a relationship between tobacco products and lung cancer, emphysema, etc.!!!

As the tobacco industry aply illustrated, consistent failure to ask the right question will consistenly present a faulty illusion. The tobacco industry didn't want to find a cancer link; and so none was found.

Similarly, out of all the questions that you asked above, age wasn't one of them... despite the astonishing pink "350 million year old" shrimp.

• cofty
    cofty

Nobel prizes await anybody who can show that radio-dating techniques are wrong.

Responding to that sophomoric graphic in your OP is beneath my dignity.

Perry how many science books written by respected sceintists have you studied? Which ones?

• Perry
    Perry
    Nobel prizes await anybody who can show that radio-dating techniques are wrong.

Really?

Why didn't these guys get one?

Material Tested
    Triceratops,MT
    Triceratops,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,MT
    Hadrosaur,AK
    Allosaurus.CO
    Allosaurus,CO
    Acrocanthosaurus,TX
    Acrocanthosaurus,TX
    RadioCarbon age
    30,890 +/-200
    33,830 +2910/-1960
    22,380 +/-800
    22,990 +/-130
    25,670 +/-220
    25,170 +/-230
    23,170 +/-170
    2,560 +/-70
    31,050 +230/-200
    16,220 +/- 220
    31,360 +/-100
    23,760 +/-270
    25,760 +/-280
    Fraction measured
    Collagen, modified Longin Method, AMS
    Organics, pretreated acid, alkali, acid,CL
    Organics, pretreated acid, alkali, acid.CL
    Organics, pretreated acid, alkali, acid,AMS
    Bioapatite, AMS
    Charred bone,AMS
    Collagen Modified longin method.AMS
    Humic acid alkali fraction,AMS
    Purified organics
    Bio-apatite,C
    Bio-apatite (purified with HAc),AMS
    Bio-apatite,AMS
    Bio-apatite,AMS
    Sample from
    Internal bone material
    Outer bone material
    Internal bone material
    Outer bone material
    Internal bone material
    Internal bone material
    Internal bone material
    Internal bone material
    ------------- --
    -----------------
    -----------------
    bone surface scraping
    very large sample size
  • cofty
    cofty

What sort of idiot wouold use radio-carbon to mesure the age of dino remains?

Do you know anything at all about radiometric dating?

This is like trying to explain calculus to somebody who hasn't grasped arithmetic yet.

Perry how many science books written by respected sceintists have you studied? Which ones? Please stop ignoring my question.

• designs
    designs

Perry- You seem to relish the same level of research the Wt. Society enjoys. From 1930-1950s multiple medical research groups were showing the Tobacco/Cancer link. John Hopkins, Sloan-Kettering, BMJ etc..

Adam with his pet dino.and throw in Hell too, we get your game.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Perry, what is your explanation of the impossible ages of humans in Genesis 5? I ask because isn't that where Biblical chronology stems from?

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

My question first please Perry.

• Perry
    Perry
    Responding to that sophomoric graphic in your OP is beneath my dignity.

Cofty,

This is the exact same kind of "stop think" that I grew with as a 4th generation Jehovah's Witness. For them, honestly examining ANY argument put forth by a Christian who suckled at the breasts of the Great Whore was TOTALLY beneath their dignity.

If 42 peer reviewed articles that document COMPLETELY unlikely findings under the materialist paradigm is sophmoric and beneath your dignity, then be my guest, enjoy all the dignity you can get.

And by the way ..... maybe you missed it , but no one asked you to respond to this thread. Not trying to be rude, but your comment seems out of place.

Hope you find the peace and dignity you are seeking.

• designs
    designs

....and again a Watchtoweresque answer.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

And by the way ..... maybe you missed it , but no one asked you to respond to this thread. Not trying to be rude, but your comment seems out of place.

Given that the thread is titled "untitled-topic" I feel it is safe to assume that there should have been no content in the original post. Not trying to be rude, but your title seems out of place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit