Meeting Clothes

by Smoldering Wick 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick
    Does anyone want my old suits? I only wear them to meetings, so I haven't used them for years. Or my neck-ties?-avengers

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=22552&site=3

I don't go to meetings but all my clothes do.

I was walking in the mall one day (after being inactive for several months)and caught a glimpse of myself in a passing window. I was wearing a service/meeting outfit. It felt like I was wearing maternity clothes months AFTER I had had the baby!! YUCK!!

One day my sister-in-law (an active JW) was visiting and I pulled out most of my JW clothes and gave them to her! I had A LOT! (Assembly dresses, Meeting dresses, Service outfits, Book Study outfits, Memorial outfits, book bags, sensible shoes) She was so happy to have a "new" closet full of JW Wear...and I was sooo happy to get rid of them! When my sister visited, I gave her the rest! *whew*

I'm just wondering if this is like giving all your pagan idols, saints, crosses and Jesus pictures to a Catholic relative when you become a JW. Maybe I shoulda just burned them.

Wick
    (of the now nakid class)

• avengers
    avengers

You did exactly what Jesus'said:

You cannot put new wine in old bags.

hahahahahahahahahaah I know more people who did what you did.

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

you shouldve gave them to fredhall

• avengers
    avengers
    Hey Freddy. ... You want my suits?
  • bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi SW, I did the same thing but now I regret it 3 years later. I had some comfy service skirts and shoes that I could use now for my job as a school secretary. Where you have to dress nice but not look all professional.

But at the time, it did feel good to get rid of everything. It was like therapy saying, "I'll never go to the kingdumb hell again!" I remember going out and buying new stuff. Like spaghetti strap short dresses and daisy duke type shorts. My hubby likes my new style a lot better. But I can't wear it to work and that's a bummer!

• edster
    edster
    She was so happy to have a "new" closet full of JW Wear

Let me guess, floral patterned dresses with lace that reach the ankles? It's a classic design.

The watchtower and awake are trendsetters.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Much like Amway clothes.

teehee

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

Yep - floral prints figure a lot in approved dress style for good JW sisters!

The things I used to wear should have been worn by an elderly spinster - and I was only a teenager at the time!!

Now a few years on, i am making up for lost time and restocking my wardrobe with clothes that I actually LIKE!!

Nowfree

• Prisca
    Prisca

My style was always the classic look so what used to be meeting clothes easily transformed into office wear for me.

Although I did have some really nice stuff that is too dressy for the office (assembly wear and weddings). That still hangs there in the cupboard but I can't bring myself to throw away good clothes.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

the thing is, the collective have to wear certain types of clothes away from the kingdum hell as well (ty for the description blue :)

there's so many things you can't wear at all - ever ! ... such as cool black band shirts with stuff like 'NIN' emblazoned all over them (satanic like 'that terrible music you surely don't listen to') or anything remotely militaristic looking, or beards ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit