Social networking, like Facebook, a cause for depression?

by moshe 13 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe
    just the o poor me stuff. THAT'S depressing.

we get those every week here- and do they accept good advice? No, they just want an excuse to justify poor decisions and poor character. My second wife was bipolar- I asked her during the divorce, if she would every marry someone who was bipolar - no way! Then she would have to share the stage with another mentally needy person!

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

Its not Facebook its people living in delusion this starts form the brainwashing from the tv. The reality we perceive is a delusion. Wake up search for God humble yourself and follow Jesus

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/225725/1/Depression

Quote from article:

Spending too much time in chat rooms and on social-networking sites? A number of studies now suggest that this can be associated with depression, particularly in teens and preteens. Internet addicts may struggle with real-life human interaction and a lack of companionship, and they may have an unrealistic view of the world. Some experts even call it "Facebook depression."

In a 2010 study, researchers found that about 1.2% of people ages 16 to 51 spent an inordinate amount of time online, and that they had a higher rate of moderate to severe depression. However, the researchers noted that it is not clear if Internet overuse leads to depression or if depressed people are more likely to use the Internet. (end of quote)

• moshe
    moshe

Sometimes, it seems like this website is a cause for depression, too. So many people drop in, who are determined to shoot themselves in the foot, rather than walk out of the KH and accept the freedom to live a genuine life that is truly the one they were born to live in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit