Response to Email: 'End Is Close'

by Sayswho 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I was sent a forwarded email that was sent to several people (some Jw's some not). titled: 'Guess The End Must Be Close' 

· http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/bringing-christs-church-door-to-door

· Bringing Christ's Church Door to Door: In street-level evangelization,

Catholics are beginning to take a page from Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• I did not see how this article showed the end was close or closer, so I responded with this email, to most of the address shown in the original email… I did not include the attachment of the articles here just my text.
        This is the email I sent...Now I am waiting for the shoe to drop... could be on my head!

Hello everyone...not sure how this article you sent pertains to the end being close, but perhaps you can help us see the correlation to Jesus' signs about the last days and this article...

• However I do remember growing up in the late 60’s and 70’s being instructed from the platform and our publications that it was God’s Promise that I would never grow old in this present system of things. (I’m now 57) Please see a scan of the May 22, 1969 Awake below... because this is what we were putting our hope and trust in.
      • Another article around 15 years later I thought would help me see that the end had to be much closer...since it had not come yet, was the May 15, 1984 Awake, about the Generation of 1914 that would not pass away...(you can look this encouraging article up on the CD-Rom)...but again the end did not come.
      • So it makes sense… since that Generation had all but passed away, Jehovah needed to reveal a change in this understanding.
      • Evidently He did, because in 2010 the Governing Body revealed Jehovah’s 6th new understanding of the Generation as the ‘Overlapping Anointed’. (Proverbs 4:18). Does this mean the end is closer today? We Hope So!!!
      • But what, or whose words can we really put trust in today? I thought the ‘TRUTH’ wouldn’t need to change…but as we’ve seen published beliefs changed many times. I found this Awake to be encouraging as it said: "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." Awake! 2009 July page 29 par 28
      • So we’re trying to be more like the example of the Boreans in Acts 17:11…
      • They were Noble-minded, who were open, who were searching, who didn't assume they already knew everything. Noble-minded, yes, but note.... not gullible, for they "carefully examined the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.” They never had to take a "leap of faith" They carefully examined evidence already in existence.
      • So when we (I) look and examine the evidence today… it shows all-human reasoning’s or predictions have failed miserably.
      • We have not given up hope (Wt Study for 05/13/12) but we realize no one knows for sure if it will happen in his or her lifetime.

Please forward this wonderful past information on, so others so can see how some of the “truths” have progressively been refined.

Your Loving Brother...

Sw

• Finkelstein
      Finkelstein

The return of Christ and of him taking his position in heaven along with the End Times/Armageddon has been the most fictitious and corrupt doctrine the

WTS. has ever come up with. Its also been the most valuably important self marketing vehicle for this publishing house, that has attracted the

most attention from the public. The WTS. has always played with people's emotional insecurities and fears to create its own power and control.

Because of this, if the WTS is still around 100 years from now, the organization will still probably be saying the End is Near.

• Sayswho
      Sayswho

Because of this, if the WTS is still around 100 years from now, the organization will still probably say the End is Near.

• sad... but true.

Sw

• Phizzy
      Phizzy

The only end that is near to the WT is their rear end, out of which they speak !

• jwfacts
      jwfacts

Cool response. I hope some JW's miss the point and forward it on.

• baker
      baker

Lets give them an idea...1914 was an error in math, it should have been 2014, now lets start our 100year clock over again...

• Lieu
      Lieu

Actually, they didn't come up with that invisible mess, their 2nd Adventist friends did when the rapture failed to come as they calculated/ predicted. They simply went with the invisible return since it can neither be proven nor disproven to save face. Half of the originals didn't even believe that mess. Neither did I.

So, "the end" has been "close" for over 2000 years now. STOP bothering people with something NO ONE is supposed to know.

I deem the GB the modern day Eve Class. Listening to that dayum snake telling them they can know what Christ said only God knows. They need to stop lying and go do some good in the world.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit