Mysterious JW Death in Walkhill Bethel April 29th - see link

by dreamgolfer 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Well its a pretty big "if" that they are covering this thing up...but if they are then thats lower than low... Wonder if OSHA knows about this?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

OSHA?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They regulate workplace safety in the USA

http://www.osha.gov/

Not sure how much authority they would have over a "voluteer" worksite though...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea since it is volunteer work, and they reside there, I'm going to say OSHA has no clue what goes on there. From what I've heard though, the conditions are way better than they were back in the 70's and earlier.

My company was never larger than 35 employees. OSHA never visited my lab

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

What's going on with regard to the toxic dumping found at Walkhill BTW? Any news?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I guess I'm going to have to go to a Sunday meeting and talk to the sister who is close friends with his parents. That way,I'll find out exactly what happened. Unless,his parents are not sure either.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

So, the question is, was this a suicide or in fact resulting from land contamination?

Sad, but interesting.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Tommy B. - Rest in Peace

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

The Watchtower does adhere to OSHA sort of. But one of my first experiences at Bethel was attending a safety meeting whose results are reported to OSHA> The questionaire asks the individual if they feel the training was adequate, but Bob Sho@n at the Farm told us, "The answer to that and all questions is, "Yes, the training was adequate. Make sure all comments are positive." So I wrote down on my form, "You probably should not tell the workers what to write down, it kind defeats the purpose." In a few minutes asfter the meeting I was called into the room where good ol' company man Bob Sho@n said sternly, "Erase this." I said, "I can't, it's my personal feelings. you do it." So he quickly erased what I wrote.. i didn't write another one so I imagine Bob just wrote whatever he wanted in the space.

So THAT is how the Watchtower deals with OSHA. They LIE.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

This breaks my heart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit