She's Leaving Home..Bye Bye..

by Englishman 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Your 20 year old son / daughter announces that he / she is involved in an intense relationship with someone that is causing you to have some misgivings.

Said offspring also announces that wedding bells will be ringing inside a year or two. Firstly though, our two lovebirds have plans to set up home together and live “in delightful sin” whilst they save up for the big day. Do you:

Convene a judicial committee?

Cheer wildly? (You’ve lost a daughter but gained a bathroom)

Sob “How could you bring such reproach upon us”?

Think that this is a brilliant idea that will very quickly extinguish the flames of passion and bring your offspring back to reality?

Buy them a presentation pack of coloured condoms exclaiming “Do what you want but don’t get pregnant”?

Tell them “Hell no, you are getting married tomorrow before you commit fornication”?

Or something else?

And, yes, I do have very valid reasons for seeking the opinions of the board!

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• ianao
    ianao

Damn, I know I am NOT ready to be a parent.

I would "encourage" my daughter to reconsider, but that's ASSuming I had the perfect daughter. This is a tough one to call.

• TR
    TR

My opinion is that shacking up together cheapens the marriage. It sounds rude, but in that situation the girl is an unpaid whore until she gets married.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Once they leave home voluntarily, there on their own. My wife and I have no problems with our children because we stay out of their business. We have a good relationship with our children. They do their thing and we do ours.

Guest 77

• Celia
    Celia
    Think that this is a brilliant idea that will very quickly extinguish the flames of passion and bring your offspring back to reality?

Buy them a presentation pack of coloured condoms exclaiming “Do what you want but don’t get pregnant”?

I agree with these two... it may not extinguish the flames of passion, but she sure will soon realise that there is more to living together than the passionate love-making... and some things she may have never thought about !

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

e-man,

unless son/daughter is in physical danger i'd say stay out of it. it is their life now at 20.

tr,

It sounds rude, but in that situation the girl is an unpaid whore until she gets married.
    e-man said
    Your 20 year old son / daughter announces that he / she is involved in an intense relationship with someone that is causing you to have some misgivings.
    so we know how you feel about a daughter, what about a son? same thoughts or do you have a double standard?

i see that ianao and wick also pick up on the "she" but ignore the "he" in e-man's question. things that make ya go hmmmmm :)

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

damnit, now i see why...the TITLE says "she" but the question is asked about son/daughter. hmm e-man, did you do that on purpose?

• Englishman
    Englishman

PLH,

Sorry, the heading is straight from a track by the Beatles.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

e-man, okay, that's what i thought...but did you notice then how the "he" was ignored by most who answered your question. i don't know what that means but i find that interesting :)

• ianao
    ianao

plh said: i see that ianao and wick also pick up on the "she" but ignore the "he" in e-man's question. things that make ya go hmmmmm :)[/quote]

No ignorance plh. I just don't like to openly admit in public that I would beat the living shit out of my son for even thinking of doing such a thing.

BTW plh, what part of "She's Leaving Home..Bye Bye" (the title of this thread) do you not understand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit