WT Indulging In Nostalgia, Soliciting Memorabilia; What's Up?

by Room 215 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

Interesting Sir82, I tend to agree with you.

or maybe they found out what this stuff sells for on EBay and are going to set up their own store.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wouldn't be surprised if the seller kenyakelly on eBay is connected to the Watchtower Society somehow. They have a steady, seemingly endless supply of old Watchtower books for sale, have done for the last seven years at least.

• startingover
    startingover

Good catch SBF! Over 7 years? I think you are on to something.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The crown and cross logo on the Russell era publications scared the hell out of me. I ran to my mom, who explained it was a very different religion. I heard they were burning old publications. If the lit is in their possession, it is not available for research. It seems very late for the strategy, though. In my KH, the Witnesses barely knew who the current president was and could not care less about the past.

Finding the old lit at home woke me up. New light/old light--it is so far from what they currently teach that fraud is the obvious explanation. They are not a sentimental, touchy feely type.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

They have to get attendance up somehow, why not start a museum to attract those to conventions. Oh sounds like that is what they are already doing.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Room 215-

What lavash updates were made to the Buckingham Assembly Hall?

I used to go to assemblies there for many years. Last time was in 1999 or 2000.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit