Illegal immigrants scam the IRS out of 4 billion dollars

by moshe 12 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

It's great to be an illegal at tax time--

http://www.wthr.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7054149

$1000 tax credits paid out for nephews, nieces and cousins in Mexico who never set foot in the USA- get refunds over $10,000, no problemo for Pedro.

• moshe
    moshe

Knowledge of the scam has grown following a report by Indianapolis television station, WTHR-TV. The report documented illegal aliens filing the IRS Additional Child Tax Credit form for children - often nieces and nephews - who have never lived in the United States. To legally qualify, a child must be present in the filer's U.S. residence for over half the year.

"We've seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms," a tax preparer-turned-whistleblower told WTHR News. "The more you put on there, the more you get back."

"Here's a return right here: we've got a $10,300 refund for nine nieces and nephews."

"We're getting an $11,000 refund on this tax return. There's seven nieces and nephews," he said, pointing to another set of documents. "I can bring out stacks and stacks. It's just so easy it's ridiculous."

Last year, the Indiana whistleblower reported dozens of cases to the IRS of undocumented workers using phony documents and false income to claim tax credits. Nothing happened.

"These were fraudulent, 100 percent fraudulent tax returns, but I got no response; absolutely none. We never heard a thing," he said. "To me, it's clear the IRS is letting this happen."- wnd.com

• moshe
    moshe

Just one criminal enterprise by a Mexican illegal!

Whittier man accused of quarter-billion dollar in tax fraud scheme
    Posted: 04/30/2012 09:37:59 PM PDT

SANTA ANA - A Whittier man appeared in U.S. District Court on Monday to answer charges that he promoted a fraudulent federal income tax return filing scheme and vehicle registration title washing scheme, officials said.

Arturo Villarreal-Alba, 44, an illegal immigrant, was named in a 34-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury last week.

"(Villarreal-Alba) was previously indicted in September 2011 as part of a larger scheme charging 55 individuals in a huge fraud scheme involving hundreds of false income tax returns that sought more that $250million in tax refunds," special agent Linda Lowery said.

He was originally indicted for aiding and assisting the filing of two false individual income tax returns for others, claiming fraudulent tax refunds in the amounts of $1,568,044 and $452,472.

The 34 counts include one count of conspiring to file false claims against the U.S. government, nine counts of mail fraud, three counts of bankruptcy fraud, one count of re-entering the U.S. illegally, four counts of filing false claims against the U.S. government, one count of identity theft fraud, and 15 counts of aggravated identity theft fraud.

"If convicted of all counts alleged in the indictment, the statutory maximum sentence (Villarreal-Alba) could receive is 270 years imprisonment," Lowery said.

Villarreal-Alba worked with Old Quest Foundation Inc. in Fontana, and De La Fuente Ramirez and Associates, or DLFRA, in Rancho
    Cucamonga, two Southland companies charged in the scheme used to file fraudulent federal income tax returns containing bogus claims for refunds.

Old Quest allegedly filed more than 400 false federal income tax returns with the IRS, which together fraudulently claimed more than $250million in false income tax refunds. DLFRA filed more than 35 false federal income tax returns with the IRS, which allegedly claimed more than $19million in fraudulent income tax refunds.

"As a result of those alleged false federal income tax returns that Old Quest and DLFRA filed with the IRS, the IRS erroneously issued millions of dollars in tax refunds to Old Quest and DLFRA customers, including one refund for $816,594 who was defendant (Villarreal-Alda's) customer," Lowery said.

According to the indictment, Villarreal-Alda told customers with good credit that there was a special program for them, where they could use their good credit to purchase several new vehicles.

After the purchase of the vehicles, Villarreal-Alda's nonprofit organization would make all the payments due on those vehicle loans, and the customer would end up owning one of the vehicles, while the remaining vehicles would go to the nonprofit organization. In actuality, there was no such organization.

Villarreal-Alda allegedly would strip or "title wash" the liens from the vehicle titles. To do so, he would cause false documents to be prepared and filed with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to fraudulently remove the legal owners from the titles of the vehicles.

In addition, Villarreal-Alda would cause false documents to be prepared and filed with the DMV to remove the registered owner from the titles of the vehicles.

Vehicles used in the scheme included a 2008 Cadillac Escalade, a 2010 Toyota 4Runner, and a 2010 Honda Pilot.

The case is being investigated by IRS-Criminal Investigation, with the cooperation of the California Highway Patrol-Task Force for Regional Auto Theft Prevention, in conjunction with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California.

Staff Reports

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_20518608/whittier-man-accused-quarter-billion-dollar-tax-fraud

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Moshe,

One irony that exacerbates this illegals mess is Watchtower and it's obvious to me why they're doing it. Illegals in the U.S. are a big factor in keeping membership numbers on the positive side.

The following scenario happened recently in a NE Tennessee congregation but my gut feel is that it is happening repeatedly throughout the U.S.

A candidate for baptism goes to the elders with a confession, wanting to have a clean conscience for his momentous dedication moment. He admits that he is an illegal alien but that he loves Jehovah and wishes to do the right thing. The elders tell him that he should listen to his conscience -- but whatever he decides is between him and Jehovah. If he decides to stay in the U.S. he will be considered a brother, with the exeption that he will not be allowed priviledges of responsibility in the congregation (carrying the mike, etc).

Let's examine this at a bit more depth. Here's a person breaking one of Caesar's laws. JW's say they are bound to such laws as long as they do not contradict God's laws. As far as I know the U.S. laws on immigration do not contradict God's law.

This person went to the elders confessing to be a practicing lawbreaker. How so? By remaining in the U.S. he was perpetuating his unlawful practice.

Perhaps more egregious, the elders were, in effect, accessories to the fact and accessories after the fact. They were turning a blind eye to a lawbreaker. Oh -- they knew he was a lawbreaker. Recall, they were withholding congregation priviledges because of that fact. They were, in essence, setting themselves up as a tribunal of sorts -- one having more power and authority than the laws of the U.S. They were punishing this new brother with their own home-grown discipline.

My non-JW son learned of this and asked one of the elders for his rationale. His answer oozed with anger, insulted that he had been asked such a question.

"We are not the police. We are not the police. We are not the police!"

I think it's obvious that Watchtower (I don't think these elders did this on their own) has made a judgment call on which of Caesar's laws they think are okay or not. If these elders had been approached by a confessed killer, a rapist, or a person making his living as a burglar, or someone at the head of some Wall Street pyramid scheme -- their answer would have been different. They would have properly acted as responsible citizens.

Len Miller

• maksym
    maksym

I think it is a matter of perspective.

The IRS robs people of their money everyday based on law and direct force or imprisonment. Nevertheless illegal aliens usually don't have the benefits of taxes because they are not citizens so why should they pay to something that does not directly effect them with benefits.

The irony of this situation is that when you are abroad, like I was, the United States still imposes taxes on its citizens regardless if they use the system that was put in place to help with said taxes.

When I worked abroad I never paid taxes back home.

• wha happened?
  • MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They are striving to be 1%ers! It's the 'Murrican way!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

That's one way to join the 1 percent (Job Mover's to China) league, use tactics like the big boys use to rip the Government Off! Huge Contracts with the Denfense Department, do you think they ever lost a Billion Dollars in Fraud?

SEC's gross incompetence watching over the public companies, CEOs cooking books, accounting frauds abound

Insider activies that make you $100million, you are fined $10million and keep $90,000,000.

The IRS use to be more aggressive in checking up on unusual amounts of children, I hope they fix this problem. It's a cost Tax Paying members of society pay, companies love the cheap labor from illegal immigrants, so they won't be crying to loud! Who does this hurt, the people trying to be honest and behave!

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, the irony is that cheating on your taxes by using 5 phoney dependents to get an extra $5000 refund is a felony,(you and I would go to jail) which is an automatic deportable offense under law for them. Rounding them up and deporting them for theft should be a slam dunk decision for immigration. Right now the word is out on the street that Uncle Sam doesn't mind, if you obtain a $10,000 tax credit you aren't entitled to. A nationwide E-Verify bill has been bottled up in a committee for 9 months now rather than politicians taking public vote on it before elections and upsetting the Hispanic voters, if it passes.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@moshe Companies like Tyson, Sanderson Farms, Pilgrims Pride, Egg Producers, Agriculture are fighting "E-Verify" They don't want to go through the hassle and all the Republicans who promised to push these through, back off on making business receive a fine, for hiring illegals. Illegals don't pay income tax, they receive all their funds back, if you give them their tax credits, they provide no tax benifit to Society. Only sleezly janitoral companies, meat cutting, agriculture, fast food, Walmart now hiring questionable papered people. Some taxes illegals do pay, if your State has a sales tax, other than that, they don't pay income tax, most don't have car insurance, so you pay higher car insurance rates!

With Unemployment so high, jobs once worked by non-illegal immigrants (Construction, Tree Trimming, Food Industry) in 1970s-1980s, there were no illegal immigrants in my county working jobs once worked by high school kids and older workers. I know they keep the price of food down, but our hospitals are losing their buts by paying close to $40 billion are year, as write off expenses, for services that will never be paid for. What about a tax for employers who hire illegal immigrants, that goes to pay for health care expenses incurred by hospitals treating these patients?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit