Failed Doomsday and Apocalyptic Predictions

by leavingwt 13 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You might enjoy the graphic presented at the link below, highlighting the many failures of doomsday prophets.

http://www.relativelyinteresting.com/failed-doomsday-and-apocalyptic-predictions/

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Thanks for sharing the article link! The track record is dismal.

When non-Watchtower religionists make stupid apocalyptic predictions that fail Watchtower expresses it as “hollow prophecy.”

When the Watchtower religion makes stupid apocalyptic predictions that fail Watchtower expresses it as a disappointing expectation of imperfect men.

See Watchtower — Hollow Prophecy available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/12/watchtower-hollow-prophecy.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• wasblind
    wasblind

Folks need to connect the dots

Dot one: " The generation that was alive at the beginning of the fullfillment will be the ones to see the end "

Dot two: Changed to an overlappin' generation

Dot three: False prophecy

Like I said, I don't claim to be scholarly, or even the brightest light on the tree

but I can count dot one two and three

which led to dot four, which was the darn door

• designs
    designs

And we got blamed

• wasblind
    wasblind

I done told ya

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Apocalyptic false prophecies sells even if the prophecies don't come true , they do stir up wealth

which in all practical terms does not have to be returned to the giver.

As in the case of the JWS the constant insinuation of fear of a impending doomsday works as a controlling

vehicle to get people to distribute the WTS. published goods continually.

The WTS. has once again shown how they point out other religious organizations as being false prophets (false religions),

but doesn't identify themselves with the same scrutiny ( Pot calling the Kettle black ) as it were.

If one were to take in account of how many wrong doctrines the WTS/JWS has put out since its existence and tally

them up, one could see that the WTS/JWS would be at the top of the list of false doctrines .

Astonishingly they still claim to be the organization being guided and selectively chosen by god.

The Watchtower Kingdom is truly a powerful man made kingdom built upon lies and corruption,

too bad so many people cant see through this.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

unfulfilled = false

but apparently not in wash-towel land.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

any business with a track record like this would surely fail. No one would have any confidence and walk out the door. Put God in the mix and suddenly, every shortcoming or failure is a lack of faith. What a frickin' racket

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Finkelstein:

Yes, I believe the religion is totally hypocritical and it does the same thing it criticizes other religions for doing. Of course, it gives itself a hearty pat on the back.

And I do agree with the fear factor to get people to slave their lives away toiling (like on a hamster wheel) in order to be found "acceptable" by god (or the religion, because some JWs use the terms interchangeably).

The reason, I think, why so many people still cling to the JW religion is because of its magic name. They imagine god must be using them or else the religion would have been destroyed (like Pharaoh in ancient Egypt). This fuels their arrogance to some degree.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the WTS is so full of BS its no wonder they instituted such an element of fear complacent upon their followers.

FEAR has many facets in the JW organization, its actual used to attract attention to the organization in the first place.

How many times have you seen a picture of catastrophic destruction on the front cover of an Awake magazine ?

Then these turds exploit people fears and insecurities to use them to circulate the WTS's literature further.

The other side of this manipulation comes in with well if they do as the WTS. tells them, this will appease god validating themselves

to enter into a safe and peaceful paradise, after Armageddon. What a scam and a fraud of religious proportions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit