To all the JWN nurses happy Nurse Week

by Found Sheep 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

ABibleStudent, Yes, send your sister a card, she would appreciate it. Happy Nurses week to you, Found Sheep. As you said, it's not for everyone. Sometimes I think to myself "what a crazy way to earn a living" but

then I think of the patients who depend on us for their care. I am an Oncology nurse and we tend to see our patients come to the hospital over and over. We usually see them through their initial diagnosis and, if the

treatments don't get rid of the cancer, we see them to the end of their life. We hope and cry with them and their families. It is a stressful job as we tire of seeing people die, especially the young ones. Then, there's the

JWs who refuse the blood transfusions needed after chemotherapy. It's a shame and it has a great affect, detrimental, on those whose job it is to help keep them alive. Anyway, Happy Nurses week to all nurses.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Happy Nurse week to you Panhanlegirl. Oncology is rough! Dagney those are kind words. I'm glad a nurse helped during a horrible time of life.

We have lost some JW's too! My 1st was a new Mom hemorrhaged. I was new to the unit and it took me a while to tell people I'm an ex-jw after that.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

FS: thanks Dagney must say it's a much more satisfying profession then my previous one as a regular pioneer ;)

Yes, this time you are actually saving lives for real!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

00DOD it made me think of...

I remember some stupid comments. Like "Why do all this schooling when it won't be needed in the NS?" "You should focus on helping people save there lives forever." I was late one Sunday cuz I was helping in a code with a child and I was told my priorities were off.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, your priorities WERE off, but now that you've left that nasty little cult I'm sure they're much better!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

so true!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Respect to the young hottie nurse that takes care of my dirty old man ass while I try to grab hers

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well that is just part of the job description

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Happy Nurse Week! I have a couple of friends who'll appreciate hearing that! Thanks for the reminder!

• Scully
    Scully

Happy Nurses' Week to you too, Found Sheep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit